No clipboard's clip expansion in Finder (OS X Mountain Lion)

I use a pattern to name my files. I added some of these patterns in my clipboard (no snippets, just added to the clipboard history)

I just tried to rename a file in Finder. 

As I hit the clipboard viewer hotkey, the file is not selected anymore so Finder considers the file as renamed -> I can't add 

my clip from the clipboard.

I tested adding clips from the clipboard in Forklift and worked perfectly fine. 

An OS X mountain lion user.

I use a pattern to name my files. I added some of these patterns in my clipboard (no snippets, just added to the clipboard history)

I just tried to rename a file in Finder. 

As I hit the clipboard viewer hotkey, the file is not selected anymore so Finder considers the file as renamed -> I can't add 

my clip from the clipboard.

I tested adding clips from the clipboard in Forklift and worked perfectly fine. 

An OS X mountain lion user.

Unfortunately, Finder's behaviour is to stop the rename action as soon as focus is lost (I assume as a safety issue)… because of this, you'll never be able to paste directly from Alfred's clipboard viewer into a finder filename. Instead, bring up Alfred's clipboard history, use cmd+c on the selected item in the history, then you can do the rename in Finder and use cmd+v to paste.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 9 months later...

I bet this is the same reason why I can't use TextExpander in Alfred's Bar (= expand a snippet in Alfred's Bar when I use TextExpander fill-in forms).

You can use TextExpander text expansion snippets in Alfred's text field, but I'm guessing the fill-in forms are a fancier feature of TE I've never used ;)

Absolutely! I use TE to expand applications names in Alfred's bar.

When a fill-in form pops up, Alfred loses focus ... and disappears.

It reminds one feature request "Force Alfred visibility". Something like that.

Could be interesting to have that kind of feature/option for app like TE. 

Make Alfred visible until TE fill-forms are filled + Enter key is pressed.

Dreaming of it  :)

Edited by politicus