kerrydawson

How do you know what a direct link is

I am using from Skydrive what appears like a direct link from Skydrive as the url ends in .png but the system isn’t seeing it as a direct link. I use Box.net for my Direct Links and they too end in .png. Many files don’t end in .png and they are definitely not direct links. What is a direct link.

I am using from Skydrive what appears like a direct link from Skydrive as the url ends in .png but the system isn’t seeing it as a direct link. I use Box.net for my Direct Links and they too end in .png. Many files don’t end in .png and they are definitely not direct links. What is a direct link.

When posting images to the forum, you need to ensure that your link ends in .png, but also that the image is publicly available. If your Skydrive/Box.net accounts are private, you won't be able to post these publicly. Beyond this, you'll need to refer to Skydrive and Box.net's own customer service if you need help working out how to use images from there, as they may have additional restrictions to stop users hotlinking their images.

We recommend Dropbox as this works well for those who want to host their pictures somewhere. :)