Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
richls

External Applescripts stopped working?

Recommended Posts

I have an Alfred workflow that opens an Applescript contained in a script file.  It used to work just fine.  As of today, it seems to have stopped working through Alfred - nothing at all happens when I run it.

 

This also happens with some scripts that I run from the Alfred command line.  I have "Run applescripts instead of opening" checked, but when I navigate to a script and open it, nothing happens.  Oddly, this happens only for some scripts, while others seem to work.  The scripts all work when I run them from Applescript Editor, or if I save them as applications and run the applications from Alfred.

 

The only change I've made in the last few days that might affect this is that I upgraded Mountain Lion from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5, and I upgraded to the latest MacBook Air firmware. 

 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've confirmed that this has nothing to do with the script - it happens even for a simple script I created that is nothing more than

 

tell application "Firefox"
    activate
end tell

 

This works when I run it from AppleScript Editor or save it as an application, but it does nothing when I run it in Alfred, whether through file navigation or through a "Launch Apps/Files" workflow action.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...