Search Airmail.app inboxes/outbox

Hi

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a simple workflow to do nothing more than search a folder on the Mac for email (i'm using Airmail and i suppose it's downloading whatever email to a folder on the harddrive?) 

There's a workflow lying around on the forums which is supposed to do a search. It does that by activating the actual app and do a search query but i can't get it to work. It's not the primary function of the workflow either.

What i'd want is this;

<keyword> <string> and Alfred would show me inline results of all emails including my search and if i hit enter Alfred would open that specific email or the complete conversation. Does it make sense?

If you're even reading this, thanks a lot! :)

Hi

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a simple workflow to do nothing more than search a folder on the Mac for email (i'm using Airmail and i suppose it's downloading whatever email to a folder on the harddrive?) 

There's a workflow lying around on the forums which is supposed to do a search. It does that by activating the actual app and do a search query but i can't get it to work. It's not the primary function of the workflow either.

What i'd want is this;

<keyword> <string> and Alfred would show me inline results of all emails including my search and if i hit enter Alfred would open that specific email or the complete conversation. Does it make sense?

If you're even reading this, thanks a lot! :)

While the searching and showing results COULD be done, I dont know that it would be a really clean implementation. Selecting a result and opening it in Airmail, I'm not sure if that could work at all. I'll see if I can look into this further though

Wow, i didn't realize it was such a hassle David. I thought that Airmail handles email the same way as Mail.app does but apparently not.

Actually this is not the first time i feel punished by Apple for not using their native shite ;)

I can't thank you enough for your work regarding Alfred and helping out newbies as myself. Kudos.

Wow, i didn't realize it was such a hassle David. I thought that Airmail handles email the same way as Mail.app does but apparently not.

Actually this is not the first time i feel punished by Apple for not using their native shite ;)

I can't thank you enough for your work regarding Alfred and helping out newbies as myself. Kudos.

At quick glance it appears that Airmail stores data associated to accounts, folders, messages, etc in SQLite databases which, aren't indexed by Spotlight the way Mail.app messages are. Mail.app's stuff is a little easier to find and a good bit easier to search through

You're not being punished by Apple. The blame, if any, lies with Airmail's developers for not doing the work to support Spotlight or providing an AppleScript search API.