IRC channel

Hi community

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but i'll give it a shot. 

Are there any reasons Alfred doesn't utilize some sort of IRC hookup? A lot of this stuff going on in these forums is somewhat geeky and would fit right into the FreeNode network. I bet workflow developers would benefit from each other in (almost) realtime as an alternative to these forums. It could also attract potential customers i believe.

It'd require almost nothing from the Alfred team to set this up. I have over 10 years of IRC experience and I'm willing to do some work to make it beneficial if the community can see the potential.

Enjoy the weekend folks :)

Hi community

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but i'll give it a shot. 

Are there any reasons Alfred doesn't utilize some sort of IRC hookup? A lot of this stuff going on in these forums is somewhat geeky and would fit right into the FreeNode network. I bet workflow developers would benefit from each other in (almost) realtime as an alternative to these forums. It could also attract potential customers i believe.

It'd require almost nothing from the Alfred team to set this up. I have over 10 years of IRC experience and I'm willing to do some work to make it beneficial if the community can see the potential.

Enjoy the weekend folks :)

I think there used to be an IRC channel at one point that Andrew and Vero used to frequent but not sure if they still have a desire to use it or not.

Are there any good IRC clients for OSX? I've not really touched IRC since the 90s, well before I ever touched a Mac and used to burn a trail doing some scripting in mIRC. Wow.. thats been ages ago.

I think there used to be an IRC channel at one point that Andrew and Vero used to frequent but not sure if they still have a desire to use it or not.

Are there any good IRC clients for OSX? I've not really touched IRC since the 90s, well before I ever touched a Mac and used to burn a trail doing some scripting in mIRC. Wow.. thats been ages ago.

The best client available for OSX is Textual. It's on the AppStore. If you don't wanna pay for it, you can compile it yourself, since it's open source. 

I like it more than any other clients out there. (i'm not affiliated with it in any way)

I'm not scripting stuff for that client, since scripting should only be done with eggies (tcl) :) - Support for AppleScript is a killer for Textual though. 

The best client available for OSX is Textual. It's on the AppStore. If you don't wanna pay for it, you can compile it yourself, since it's open source. 

I like it more than any other clients out there. (i'm not affiliated with it in any way)

I'm not scripting stuff for that client, since scripting should only be done with eggies (tcl) :) - Support for AppleScript is a killer for Textual though. 

We're not planning on setting up an IRC channel officially, but if someone creates one, we'll try to pop our heads in every so often. :)

We're not planning on setting up an IRC channel officially, but if someone creates one, we'll try to pop our heads in every so often. :)

When i have some spare time i'll do something. #alfred and #alfredapp on freenode seems unavailable though. At least those channels has been active in the past :)

Do you prefer another name for such channel?

Edited by Arthur

When i have some spare time i'll do something. #alfred and #alfredapp on freenode seems unavailable though. At least those channels has been active in the past :)

Do you prefer another name for such channel?

When you get it going, although I know creating/joining a channel on IRC is trivial, let me know and I'll try to hang out in there occasionally as well.

• 1 year later...