Always default to most recent item

Although Alfred is friendlier and more attractive than QuickSilver, this particular QS feature's extremely useful, and I miss it in Alfred:

Upon invoking Alfred, it would be great if the most recent item automatically populated the text field. That way, the item could be reopened (or switched to) by simply hitting enter. This is especially handy if the user must repeatedly switch to other apps and back again. A huge time-saver!

It's important that the previously typed text be already selected. That way, if you don't need that item again, you just type what you do need, the text would be replaced — and Alfred would behave as if the field had been blank all along. That's what you call a "win-win situation."  :-)

As such, there's really no downside to this feature. But if there's concern that some users wouldn't want to see the previous search, this feature could be enabled in preferences.

I hope you'll consider it. So far, it's the only thing I repeatedly miss.  :-) 

Thanks.

Although Alfred is friendlier and more attractive than QuickSilver, this particular QS feature's extremely useful, and I miss it in Alfred:

Upon invoking Alfred, it would be great if the most recent item automatically populated the text field. That way, the item could be reopened (or switched to) by simply hitting enter. This is especially handy if the user must repeatedly switch to other apps and back again. A huge time-saver!

It's important that the previously typed text be already selected. That way, if you don't need that item again, you just type what you do need, the text would be replaced — and Alfred would behave as if the field had been blank all along. That's what you call a "win-win situation."  :-)

As such, there's really no downside to this feature. But if there's concern that some users wouldn't want to see the previous search, this feature could be enabled in preferences.

I hope you'll consider it. So far, it's the only thing I repeatedly miss.  :-) 

Thanks.

Agreed. I'd like to see Alfred hold onto the last entered input for a number of seconds. 15–30 perhaps.

Or even store a history of ~10 most recent entries.

Call up Alfred and press the up arrow. That will let you flip through the last searches you have performed in Alfred with the text already selected