WelchWay

Export/Import all Alfred Workflows and Settings

I found out last night that my MBA HDD has been recalled so I'm going to have to get it replaced.

While I have TimeMachine Backups I wanted to use this opportunity to have a fresh start with things such as my Ruby installation and basically have a good clean up of my machine, so I don't really want to restore a backup to the new HDD.

Does anyone know of a way to export all my Alfred settings and my workflows, then import them onto the new HDD in a single process?

I'm aware that I can sync the settings to a folder in Dropbox (or a similar service) and sync them onto another machine, which I would assume would sort the settings out on the new HDD. However it appears the only way to export workflows in individually then re-import them all on the new HDD. Is there a way to do it in bulk? I have quite a lot...

Any help would be grand, and if it's not possible a new feature in Alfred for this could be worth the implementation? It would also work as a way of syncing everything in your Alfred setup between machines, all I think needs to happen is the existing settings sync to be extended to include workflows...

This link should help you:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/3316-where-can-i-find-my-workflows-on-my-hard-drive/

Note that your Alfred preferences (the folder holding all your workflows) will be in a different location if you use an app (like Dropbox) to sync. The cache and data folders aren't synced; they should be in the same place regardless.

This link should help you:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/3316-where-can-i-find-my-workflows-on-my-hard-drive/

Note that your Alfred preferences (the folder holding all your workflows) will be in a different location if you use an app (like Dropbox) to sync. The cache and data folders aren't synced; they should be in the same place regardless.

Looks like dumping the folder mentioned in your link on to the new HDD will do the trick. Thanks Tyler

Keep in mind that some things will still not be synced. From Advanced, in Preferences, you can see

wKMv9FK.png

Edited by Vítor