Transmit 4 Favorites Workflow, FAST

The workflow is throwing an error for me. 

#<NoMethodError: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass>
  /Volumes/Users/XXX/Dropbox/Config/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1317428-1511-401C-A41B-FE46B52EC364/transmit.rb:65:in `block in cache_xml' 

I did a bit of debugging, and it's choking on an open access FTP site that has no username. The error is caused by:

'username' => fav['attribute'].detect { |attr| attr['name'] == 'username' }['content']

I'm not familiar enough with Ruby to fix the error, but the workflow shouldn't assume favourites have usernames because they don't always require them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have tested this and found it extremely useful! Thank you so much for this workflow - I do not know of any faster way to connect via ftp than this. This is amazing. 

Since I saw how excellent this is working, I was wondering if there would not be a possibility to have a similar workflow setup for coda 2 from panic. Since these are the same favories. And I sure would appreciate to connect just as fast to the websites with the live editor via coda 2 as it is now possible to connect via transmit in light speed, thanks to your plugin. 

Ah - I just saw other Transmit workflows as well - and will post there too. I really hope someone was already thinking about this, or maybe there is a workflow for coda 2 already out there. I so I would really appreciate getting in touch. 

Looking very much forward to your answer. 

- Arne

• 3 months later...

Okay, I just tried installing the script and got the following errors.  I am using Alfred 2.8 and Transmit 4.4.8.  OS is Yosemite (10.10.5)

Starting debug for 'Transmit'

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:245:in `mkdir': Permission denied - /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.0.0/extensions/universal-darwin-14 (Errno::EACCES)
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:245:in `fu_mkdir'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:219:in `block (2 levels) in mkdir_p'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:217:in `reverse_each'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:217:in `block in mkdir_p'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:203:in `each'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:203:in `mkdir_p'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:210:in `write_gem_make_out'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:132:in `build_error'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:171:in `rescue in build_extension'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:156:in `build_extension'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:198:in `block in build_extensions'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:195:in `each'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:195:in `build_extensions'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1436:in `block in build_extensions'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/user_interaction.rb:45:in `use_ui'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1434:in `build_extensions'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/stub_specification.rb:60:in `build_extensions'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/basic_specification.rb:56:in `contains_requirable_file?'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:925:in `block in find_inactive_by_path'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:924:in `each'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:924:in `find'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:924:in `find_inactive_by_path'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems.rb:185:in `try_activate'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:132:in `rescue in require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:144:in `require'
from /Users/benw/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.21251A6D-D810-4BDC-AAD6-75DDF01B617D/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/sqlite3-1.3.8/lib/sqlite3.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
from /Users/benw/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.21251A6D-D810-4BDC-AAD6-75DDF01B617D/transmit.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
from ./feedback.rb:7:in `require_relative'
from ./feedback.rb:7:in `<main>'
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

not working after HighSierra uprade

[2017-10-17 11:01:39][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/
	kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- alfred (LoadError)
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
	from ./feedback.rb:6:in `<main>'

macOS High Sierra v10.13

Alfred v3.5 [876]

Transmit 4.4.13

I'm syncing Alfred prefs via Dropbox .. if it might have anything to do with those "cannot load such file" errors 

Any ideas? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 17.10.2017 at 11:47 AM, deanishe said:

The problem is that High Sierra has a different version of Ruby, so the workflow is looking in the wrong directory for its gems.

You need to dig around in the workflow and rename the directory the gems are in to match the version number of your installed Ruby (2.3.0).

That should fix it. 

Okay I don't get it. Can you help me to work this out?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 5:54 AM, V2n said:

fixed! thanks @deanishe 

Would it be possible that you share the solution, I'd love to get this fixed. Perhaps share the code you changed, or even all of it and I can run a diff to discover and let everyone else know how to fix, thanks.

On 10/17/2017 at 5:47 AM, deanishe said:

The problem is that High Sierra has a different version of Ruby, so the workflow is looking in the wrong directory for its gems.

You need to dig around in the workflow and rename the directory the gems are in to match the version number of your installed Ruby (2.3.0).

That should fix it. 

Can you provide some additional details about this issue please.

• 1 month later...