openthesaurus.de - v2/3 Workflow

openthesaurus - Alfred v2/3 Workflow

Alfred v2/3 workflow for searching for synonyms on openthesaurus.de.

sample.png

Usage:

Type ot <keyword> and get a list of german synonymous.

Enter will copy the word to your clipboard.

CMD Enter will search the word on duden.de with a description. 

Download & Installation:

Click here for the ready to use .alfredworkflow file. Simply download the file and execute it for automagical install in Alfred.

The source can be found at Github.

Your feedback is very welcome - let me know what you think about it!

Greetings

Andreas

Edited by widmr
Updated workflow
  • 4 weeks later...

Great workflow!

A two feature requests from an Alfred newbie:

• When given no word to search for, could you make your keyword OT, followed by the ENTER-Key to go straight to openthesaurus.de?
  • Same applies for an entered search string which is not found, thus not displayed as Alfred-selectable option: that word followed by the ENTER-Key, should open openthesaurus.de on search that word there, thus allowing the users to see openthesaurus’s suggestions offered on the OT website.

... and, as I unfortunately am too dumb to low-level code Alfred workflows:

Could you please, please, please create a similar workflow for duden.de?

(not the duden.de search option in your OT wf, but a separate workflow which provides live returns of duden.de’s search suggestions)

Edited by Dr. Woo

Great workflow! My only wish is that the API provided gender info for us non-native speakers.

(not the duden.de search option in your OT wf, but a separate workflow which provides live returns of duden.de’s search suggestions)

Duden.de doesn't provide an API. Heck of a lot more work involved in creating a workflow for it, and a good chance Duden would block it.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent workflow, in daily use here – thanks for this!

A small request: after invoking the workflow with "ot", confirming with return and typing my searched for word into the field I get the results from openthesaurus. If I want to see Duden's suggestion I hit cmd – yet the duden suggestion is not for my original term but for the first term openthesaurus has come up with. Would it be possible to have as a first option the originally looked-for term searched in duden.de? Obviously, the current functionality enabling the subsequent terms to be looked up in Duden is most welcome.

• 5 months later...

Great workflow!

A two feature requests from an Alfred newbie:

• When given no word to search for, could you make your keyword OT, followed by the ENTER-Key to go straight to openthesaurus.de?
  • Same applies for an entered search string which is not found, thus not displayed as Alfred-selectable option: that word followed by the ENTER-Key, should open openthesaurus.de on search that word there, thus allowing the users to see openthesaurus’s suggestions offered on the OT website.

... and, as I unfortunately am too dumb to low-level code Alfred workflows:

I found myself using Duden a lot, so I wrote a Duden workflow with live search suggestions here.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Oh my I didn't see this! Thanks for the quick answer, belatedly. The debugger doesn't give me anything other than freezing Alfred altogether. Alfred's error panel gives me the message below, but it can't be locally - I experience the same issue on another machine. 

Reason: launch path not accessible

/usr/bin/php

Check that the selected language exists on your system.

If you're syncing Alfred's preferences, also check that all related workflow files exist locally.

• 4 weeks later...