Contacts are not visible

I bought the powerpack and disabled the 'Don't show: Contacts' checkbox, but Alfred does not show contacts when I start typing a name. Also, in the Security & Privacy preference pane under Contacts, Alfred has not requested access to my contacts, as other sites online say it should have. I quit Alfred, moved my existing preferences out of the way, and restarted, and it still did not show contacts.

Alfred v2.1.1 (227) on OS X 10.9

I have been using Alfred since beta, starting on Snow Leopard.

I bought the powerpack and disabled the 'Don't show: Contacts' checkbox, but Alfred does not show contacts when I start typing a name. Also, in the Security & Privacy preference pane under Contacts, Alfred has not requested access to my contacts, as other sites online say it should have. I quit Alfred, moved my existing preferences out of the way, and restarted, and it still did not show contacts.

Alfred v2.1.1 (227) on OS X 10.9

I have been using Alfred since beta, starting on Snow Leopard.

It's best that you leave the "Don't show: Contacts" ticked as this refers to file searches, not the contacts search.

Alfred should request access to your contacts on first start, so there is something preventing this from happening. I suggest the first thing you try is quitting Alfred and then resetting OS X's contact security permissions using this command in Terminal.app:

tccutil reset AddressBook

(source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11911719/how-can-i-reset-contact-access-permission-so-the-os-will-ask-again)

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to help sub-forum]

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work.

"killall 'Alfred 2' && tccutil reset AddressBook" then reopened Alfred, and it still didn't ask nor did Alfred appear in the Privacy preference pane.

It's OS X which asks the contacts security question, so for some reason, OS X isn't doing this.

Could you try temporarily creating a new user account on your Mac, adding a single contact, then starting Alfred and typing that contact name?

Cheers,

Andrew

OS X asked for permission to access contacts when Evernote requested it.

Could you pop an email to info@alfredapp com with a screenshot of your Security & Privacy contacts prefs please... For some reason, there is something up with your main user profile (e.g. permissions error) which is preventing OS X from asking if Alfred can have permissions.

Cheers,

Andrew