Packal: Workflow and Theme Repository

I got an error when posting a new workflow on the bundle id, but my workflow posted regardless. The bundle id was com.danieljchen.8ball . It said it was an invalid entry.

It might have strangely tried to submit twice or something. The only error that would exist for the bundle would be that it isn't unique (i.e. another one posted on the site with the same bundle). But, as long as it went through, that's what matters the most. I'm hoping to get some time in the next few weeks to sort out some of the minor but annoying quirks of the website.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shawn, first of all thanks for your effort! Haven't seen this post before since I'm  not here regurlarly.. I'm about to upload my two workflows.

I was experiencing major issues while signing up and editing my profile though. At first my username (same as here) as well as my email-address was marked as invalid with no further information. Tried the same username with two different email-addresses, same problem. Then suddenly an email arrived confirming my registration, even though I never got a message that sign-up was successful.

Now I'm registered, but I can't upload a profile picture. I always says "invalid entry" (I'm on a German locale if that helps you). File size restriction maybe? The image is 285kb.. but some infos to what is wrong would be necessary, at sign-up and later. Just "invalid" is not very helpful. ;)

EDIT: Yep, filesize restriction.. now it worked. Like I said, just some info about that please somewhere would be enough.

Edited by Blacklight
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, just to let you know, on my system it is producing these errors:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: PHP Strict Standards:  mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /Users/raguay/Dropbox (Personal)/Richard/rag/Alfred/Sync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B84730B0-E4BE-47F1-A36D-7BF11DA7105C/script.php on line 181
PHP Strict Standards:  mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /Users/raguay/Dropbox (Personal)/Richard/rag/Alfred/Sync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B84730B0-E4BE-47F1-A36D-7BF11DA7105C/functions.php on line 164
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] XML Parse Error 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 4.)'. Row (null), Col (null): 'Document is empty' in XML:
Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /Users/raguay/Dropbox (Personal)/Richard/rag/Alfred/Sync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B84730B0-E4BE-47F1-A36D-7BF11DA7105C/script.php on line 181

Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /Users/raguay/Dropbox (Personal)/Richard/rag/Alfred/Sync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B84730B0-E4BE-47F1-A36D-7BF11DA7105C/functions.php on line 164

When I place 'error_reporting(0);' at the top of the script.php file takes care of the problem. I am using PHP 5.4.24 which does not like the use of mktime because it is soon to be discontinued. I had mentioned this one before, but it looks like it crept in again. I had just updated the workflow from Packal.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I think Packal is a great addition to Alfred, thanks for the good work! The update functions do not work for me, e.g. if I use the graphical application and press update the “Updating..." window pops up and goes away after 5-10 seconds but the workflow is not updated. Using the Alfred commands for updating does not work either. I'm on OS X 10.9.5. Any ideas?

I think that it was a problem with the way that the server was signing the packages. The updater itself rejects any updates that aren't properly signed, but it should give more informative error messages.

Anyway, I just did something to fix it, but, unfortunately, I also had to re-queue about 30 workflows to be reprocessed, so those will all appear as updates even though they're the same version. Also, if you're a workflow author and are wondering why you just got another confirmation email from Packal about a workflow... well, I had to re-queue yours. Apologies.

Let me know if it continues not to work.

Edited by Shawn Rice

I think that it was a problem with the way that the server was signing the packages. The updater itself rejects any updates that aren't properly signed, but it should give more informative error messages.

Anyway, I just did something to fix it, but, unfortunately, I also had to re-queue about 30 workflows to be reprocessed, so those will all appear as updates even though they're the same version. Also, if you're a workflow author and are wondering why you just got another confirmation email from Packal about a workflow... well, I had to re-queue yours. Apologies.

Let me know if it continues not to work.

Thank you, this solved the problem. All but a few (MachineClean, WatchList, MailTo and Passphrase Generator) workflows were updated. Nice work

I just added a way for users to request workflows. So, if you have any requests, go ahead and submit one. If you randomly feel like writing a workflow, then feel free to take one on.

You'll find a link to the page on the top bar.

Or just click this: http://www.packal.org/requests

We'll see how this works out. If it doesn't, then I'll take it off. If you have ideas on how to improve it, then go for it. You can comment on requests, and anyone can edit the requests.

Edited by Shawn Rice
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Shawn,

I tried the Packal Updater Workflow and want to uninstall it again. I deleted the workflow within Alfred on my Macbook but on my Mac mini I think the Script is still running. I get all 5 seconds this little gear wheel icon in the menu. How can I stop that or better uninstall also the script?

menu%20gear%202.png

Edited by Davide

Sorry about the delay. It's strange that it's not opening, but you'll find the files that you want to remove in :

~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/Workflow\ Data/alfred.bundler-aries/

If you have no other workflows using the bundler, then you can delete the full directory. Otherwise, if you just want to delete the `viewer.app`, then it's in the above folder + "assets/utility/viewer".

If you need another way to stop it, then open up the terminal and find the process id by typing:

ps aux|grep viewer.app|grep -v grep

Then, you should be able to see the process id and just use

kill <process_id>

Hi Shawn, 

thanks for your help but it us very strange. In the folder "alfred.bundler-arias" there is no viewer in the folder "assets/utility/viewer" only terminal-notifier/default/.

If I type "ps aux|grep viewer.app|grep -v grep" into Terminal nothing happens. I can't stop this viewer app. Any further ideas?

I deleted now the whole folder but the viewer is still starting every 5 seconds.  :wacko:

Edited by Davide

I'm glad that it disappeared. To answer the previous question, it wasn't actually `viewer.app` that was running but the Automator Runner service that was (I forget the exact name). `Viewer.app` is just an automator app, and so automator is what runs it, so it was likely something strange there.