Packal: Workflow and Theme Repository

On April 6, 2017 at 3:02 PM, xilopaint said:

I have also read that one can get timeout issues while uploading workflows to Packal. Is there a possibility that I can't upload the .alfredworkflow file because of my slow internet connection (just 10 Mbit/s) and I am just timing out? I tell this because I have to wait some time until I can see the file was not uploaded. I mean that I don't get any instant warning saying the file can't be uploaded because of its size, I really have to wait some time as the upload seems in process until I can see it's not actually done and Packal doesn't return any reason.

I get timeouts/broken links the majority of the time when simply browsing through it. I assumed it wasn't being maintained anymore.

• vitor unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
On 5/3/2014 at 2:36 PM, djc said:

I got an error when posting a new workflow on the bundle id, but my workflow posted regardless. The bundle id was com.danieljchen.8ball . It said it was an invalid entry.

I had this problem, but I couldn't post anyway.

EDIT: never mind I figured out what to do.

Edited by xilopaint
On 4/6/2017 at 8:07 PM, xilopaint said:

Well, I am from Brazil and you live in Germany. Here is widespread that our connection speed (as almost everything else) is generally crap and yours is great, so that was an assumption I made.

Until now I hadn't got any error message but I just tried to upload the file again and I finally got this dialog with a message:

cE4VuhJ.png

So it seems clear that the problem is the file size.

To keep Packal a bit more open, I used Github as a backend. Github restricts (unless they changed this) unknown filetypes to 10mbs. And, even though `alfredworkflow` files are `zip`, they are still technically unknown.

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

How big is it? If it’s only a bit over, can you get it under the limit by using the maximum zip compression level?

It's 12MB. You had already tried to compress:

On 4/6/2017 at 6:18 PM, deanishe said:

No chance. As the k2pdfopt executable is already compressed, jacking up the zip compression to maximum only save a few hundred kB vs no compression at all. I thought deleting the .pyc files might help, but they're tiny, too, compared to k2pdfopt.