Alfred shortcut intermittantly becomes unresponsive

Hi all,

Frequently my alfred shortcut (CMD-Space) will stop working and will seem to cause the current working window to become active/inactive rather than popping the alfred window.

There does not appear to be any common factor to what I was doing beforehand, possibly awaking the system from sleep but it is certainly not 100% replicable by sleeping the system.

Force quitting the process and re-launching alfred will resolve the issue.

This is quite troublesome because a huge part of why alfred is helpful involves being able to rely on it consistently. A lot of value of the product is lost if I can't depend on Alfred enough to adjust my habits to use it.

I gathered a process sample while this is occurring and it is available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2429555/Sample%20of%20Alfred%202.txt

I am on 10.9 but this would occur with 10.8 as well

Thanks for your time

Adam Ryan

Hi all,

Frequently my alfred shortcut (CMD-Space) will stop working and will seem to cause the current working window to become active/inactive rather than popping the alfred window.

There does not appear to be any common factor to what I was doing beforehand, possibly awaking the system from sleep but it is certainly not 100% replicable by sleeping the system.

Force quitting the process and re-launching alfred will resolve the issue.

This is quite troublesome because a huge part of why alfred is helpful involves being able to rely on it consistently. A lot of value of the product is lost if I can't depend on Alfred enough to adjust my habits to use it.

I gathered a process sample while this is occurring and it is available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2429555/Sample%20of%20Alfred%202.txt

I am on 10.9 but this would occur with 10.8 as well

Thanks for your time

Adam Ryan

I don't believe this is a bug in Alfred (or even Alfred becoming unresponsive), I think it is an OS X bug which is making windows show off screen or in the wrong place. This explains why Alfred's hotkey is making the focused app become unfocused and focused.

If you use the Alfred hotkey and Alfred isn't visible, if you type 'safari' and press return, it will likely still launch Safari.

Here is the related thread on this forum, with a link to an apple support forum discussing the OS X issue:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/3340-alfred-not-visible-after-lock-on-mavericks/

I'm not sure why this only affects a small number of OS X users, but I'm sure that creating a new user account and not using any window manager type tools would fix the issue.

Cheers,

Andrew