Alfred command to RE-MOUNT an ejected/unmounted hard drive??

Have anyone solved your problem already?

I don't think it's possible with EJECTED drives. When you eject your drive, it's not visible to the OS anymore. The only "solution" I've come across on the internet was this one:

The only way to re-mount ejected external USB flash drives is to unload and load the USB mass storage kernel extension: kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext; kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext Be aware that this will re-mount ALL external USB drives  

As you can see, it'll re-mount ALL external USB drives. Maybe it won't work as you want.

Another "solution":

simply put your computer to sleep and then wake it up again. It's a great solution if you're feeling lazy, but it will obviously be faster to just unplug and re-insert your drive.

Sorry :(

Oh, one more thing...

If the drive IS listed on Disk Utility, then it's possible to re-mount it.

"diskutil list" will show you all the drives currently mounted and unmounted.

What you're looking for is something like "/dev/disk1s2" (it might be another number)

Then the command diskutil mount /dev/disk1s2 will mount it again.

I can create a Workflow that checks what drives are unmounted and then present a list so you can select one to mount. Not hard at all. But as I was explaining in the last post, you're not going to be able to re-mount EJECTED drives, only UNMOUNTED drives.

• 1 month later...

I can create a Workflow that checks what drives are unmounted and then present a list so you can select one to mount. Not hard at all. But as I was explaining in the last post, you're not going to be able to re-mount EJECTED drives, only UNMOUNTED drives.

Hi MaximiliumM, this would be great if you could do so.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I searched for a downloadable workflow for what MaximilianM suggested, but didn't find one. Since I'm not someone who knows how the script, can someone point me towards a workflow I can download? Many thanks if someone can point me in the right direction.