Switch back to "Please Wait..." subtext if script is executed again.

The new "Please wait..." subtext option is terrific, but I think it'd be even better if it displayed just before each time script was executed. My iTunes Store workflow is still a little slow, for example, so if you type "Beyonce" it does a search for "B" or "Be," then keeps displaying those results while it searches for the completed query. So it looks to the user as though the workflow is malfunctioning, returning useless data for the complete query, when in fact it's just running a new and somewhat time-consuming search.

I agree; when I use Wolfram|Alpha's API in a workflow, it is slower than Alfred, so as I type "steve jobs" I get results for "s  (character)", then "ste" gets processed, then I finally get "Steve Jobs".

The first time I saw this, I wondered if it was my fault or my slow internet.  ;)

Really and truly you guys SHOULD set a minimum string length before performing a search. In other words, don't execute a web based search after 1 character. I typically don't execute a search until at least a 3rd character is typed.

Oy, with the reasonable and intelligent solutions! Keep that up and you might find yourself completely indispensable. (Which is to say, "Thanks, good point!")

The new "Please wait..." subtext option is terrific, but I think it'd be even better if it displayed just before each time script was executed. My iTunes Store workflow is still a little slow, for example, so if you type "Beyonce" it does a search for "B" or "Be," then keeps displaying those results while it searches for the completed query. So it looks to the user as though the workflow is malfunctioning, returning useless data for the complete query, when in fact it's just running a new and somewhat time-consuming search.

Just wanted to officially withdraw this request. Of the workflows I've been working on, it'd minimally solve a problem in two and create much greater problems in like four. David's solution is the best one.