thebitguru

What does ALT+Up arrow do when on a search result?

I accidentally hit Alt+Up Arrow while on a search result and noticed that the icon was pinned to the top of the alfred window.  I looked around to see if what that was for, but couldn't find anything (probably not looking for the right thing).  What does Alt+Up Arrow do?  Here is a screenshot showing this.

Posting_New_Topic_Alfred_App_Community_F

Edited by thebitguru

On my mac, "Option+Up" does the same. It probably offers you a shortcut to frequently used apps.

With option pressed, left click on the pinned apps can remove them from the search box.

You are right, it's Alt/Option+Up and not Command+Up as I had in my original post.  I have edited my original post with the correct combination.

I was thinking the same thing, i.e. shortcuts, but it's not easy to remove a shortcut out of order.  It always removes the last one in the list, which wouldn't be the expected behavior for a shortcuts-type of functionality so I am guessing that it maybe something else.

That is Alfred's file buffer.

Check out Alfred's Preferences / Features / File Search / Buffer  to enable or disable it. Also to see what the ⌥+arrow keys actually DO.

I accidentally hit Alt+Up Arrow while on a search result and noticed that the icon was pinned to the top of the alfred window.  I looked around to see if what that was for, but couldn't find anything (probably not looking for the right thing).  What does Alt+Up Arrow do?  Here is a screenshot showing this.

It is indeed the File Buffer (which is very handy for processing multiple files at once). :)

You can see what hotkeys are used here:

http://support.alfredapp.com/features:file-search#file-buffer