Help with multiple queries for a Gmail compose script

I'd like to create a simple workflow to create a new message in Gmail where I can add 'to', 'cc', 'bcc' and 'subject' in Alfred and have this open in a browser

So I type something like...

[keystroke] me@me.comyou@you.com [optional] / blah@blah.com [optional] / What my email is about / [or some other delimiter, don't mind what]

...and this would be turned into...

https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to={query1}&cc={query2}&bcc={query3}&su={query4}

I am not primarily a programmer but I'm assuming there must be workflows that do similar things in simple ways that I could easily modify rather than code from scratch.

However, I've been looking round the web and around this forum for the last couple of hours trying to find something, and I can't.

Please excuse me if the answer is somewhere obvious, and please point me in the right direction if you can

Many thanks

I'd like to create a simple workflow to create a new message in Gmail where I can add 'to', 'cc', 'bcc' and 'subject' in Alfred and have this open in a browser

So I type something like...

[keystroke] me@me.comyou@you.com [optional] / blah@blah.com [optional] / What my email is about / [or some other delimiter, don't mind what]

...and this would be turned into...

https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to={query1}&cc={query2}&bcc={query3}&su={query4}

I am not primarily a programmer but I'm assuming there must be workflows that do similar things in simple ways that I could easily modify rather than code from scratch.

However, I've been looking round the web and around this forum for the last couple of hours trying to find something, and I can't.

Please excuse me if the answer is somewhere obvious, and please point me in the right direction if you can

Many thanks

To get the best experience from this (where you can see what values are being used in what places) your best bet would be to use a script filter and to parse the input from the user (you) and then create fields based on that. Based on your example, you would have to read the user input, split the input using a / as a delimiter, then count the number of items then assign each piece from the split to a field, e.g. field 1 = to, field 2 = cc, etc.. and then build the URL from that. With the script filter, as you enter the individual fields, you could have it list them as results in Alfred so you could see how the input was being parsed.

Some of the examples here may be a start if you want to try to learn/tackle this yourself. If not, myself or some of the other guys around here I'm sure could help you.

My MailTo workflow already handles email addresses, parsing input, opening Gmail etc.

You'd have to teach it how to parse "cc", "bcc" and "subject" and add these to the URL.

I wouldn't describe the workflow as being particularly simple, though (there's a lot of non-core complexity to handle different email clients, read your address book, add recipient names, adjust settings etc.).

You might consider pulling out the parser and feedback generator as a basis for a more streamline workflow.