File filter workflow for folders doesn't 'learn' using a hotkey [Fixed 2.2 b239]

Jono

I created a file filter workflow that only searches for folders. If I activate Alfred and type the keyword (in my case the letter f) to activate the workflow it 'learns' what I'm searching for, and for folders I search for often it brings them to the top of the list when I type just a few letters.

I added a hotkey to activate the workflow (Control-Option-F), but when I use this it doesn't learn what I'm searching for. 

For this example I'm searching for a folder called 'PDF Documents' and with keyword can just type the letter p for the folder to be selected at the top of the list

alfred-folder-filter-keyword.jpg

But if I use the hotkey to invoke the filter I keep typing 'pdf', arrow down to select the 'PDF Documents' folder and hitting Return to open it, but it never brings it to the top unless I type 'pdf d'.

alfred-folder-filter-hotkey.jpg

I have another file filter workflow activated with a hotkey to search Photoshop documents and that works fine, and learns what I'm searching for. It only seems to be a problem for me when searching for folders.

I've tried rebuilding OS X metadata, Clear Knowledge (and even Clear Application Cache) to try to reset learning but nothing I've done will fix it. 

I'm using 2.1.1 (227) on OS X 10.9.1. Is this a bug, or just a problem for me?

• 2 weeks later...

I created a file filter workflow that only searches for folders. If I activate Alfred and type the keyword (in my case the letter f) to activate the workflow it 'learns' what I'm searching for, and for folders I search for often it brings them to the top of the list when I type just a few letters.

I added a hotkey to activate the workflow (Control-Option-F), but when I use this it doesn't learn what I'm searching for. 

For this example I'm searching for a folder called 'PDF Documents' and with keyword can just type the letter p for the folder to be selected at the top of the list

alfred-folder-filter-keyword.jpg

But if I use the hotkey to invoke the filter I keep typing 'pdf', arrow down to select the 'PDF Documents' folder and hitting Return to open it, but it never brings it to the top unless I type 'pdf d'.

alfred-folder-filter-hotkey.jpg

I have another file filter workflow activated with a hotkey to search Photoshop documents and that works fine, and learns what I'm searching for. It only seems to be a problem for me when searching for folders.

I've tried rebuilding OS X metadata, Clear Knowledge (and even Clear Application Cache) to try to reset learning but nothing I've done will fix it. 

I'm using 2.1.1 (227) on OS X 10.9.1. Is this a bug, or just a problem for me?

This is a bit of an odd one as OS X doesn't update the last used time of folders when opening. Alfred v1 touched folders when opening, and I'm adding this back in (as an option) to Alfred 2.2 which should improve what you see here.

I'm also going to double check that Alfred's knowledge is working correctly in this scenario.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to 'noted']

• 2 weeks later...