Two 'Keyword to Script' Workflow Questions

Hey there.

I work as a customer service rep for an IT company and have recently purchased Alfred, I hope to use the app in order to more efficiently access predefined replies that I use for common questions.

I've got two questions:

1. At the moment I am using a 'Keyword to Script' workflow. I open Alfred using a Hotkey and then search for the relevant Keyword to get my Script to appear.

Is this the optimal way for achieving what I want? Is there anyway I could skip the Hotkey part, and have the Script appear simply upon entering a Keyword?

2. Some of my replies require me to copy and paste a user's personal details (e.g. domain name, username) into parts of the Script. I was wondering if there was a way for me to edit the workflow so that this was done this for me?

So, for example, I'd be able to copy a user's domain name, enter a Keyword, and then have the Script, complete with the correct domain name, appear. 

Thanks so much in advance for any time or answers.

Hey there.

I work as a customer service rep for an IT company and have recently purchased Alfred, I hope to use the app in order to more efficiently access predefined replies that I use for common questions.

I've got two questions:

1. At the moment I am using a 'Keyword to Script' workflow. I open Alfred using a Hotkey and then search for the relevant Keyword to get my Script to appear.

Is this the optimal way for achieving what I want? Is there anyway I could skip the Hotkey part, and have the Script appear simply upon entering a Keyword?

2. Some of my replies require me to copy and paste a user's personal details (e.g. domain name, username) into parts of the Script. I was wondering if there was a way for me to edit the workflow so that this was done this for me?

So, for example, I'd be able to copy a user's domain name, enter a Keyword, and then have the Script, complete with the correct domain name, appear. 

Thanks so much in advance for any time or answers.

Let me make sure I understand your questions:

1. You want to use a keyword to generate a predefined text response, but you want to skip Alfred's hotkey.
  2. You want to set up a snippet of text that can generate a text response that uses the contents of your clipboard automatically.

If this is true, then these are some ideas for solving your issues:

1. Alfred will not automatically inject text based on what you're typing; a tool like TextExpander is better for this purpose. That said, Alfred does have a Clipboard Snippets feature. If you are willing to type the Alfred Snippets hotkey (Cmd-Option-C by default), you could use Snippets to paste your response. Go to Alfred Preferences > Features > Clipboard > Snippets, then add your snippet. To access it, press your Alfred Snippets hotkey and type the name/keyword of your snippet.
  2. In a Copy to Clipboard workflow output, or in a Clipboard snippet, you can place {clipboard} wherever you want the contents of your clipboard to be inserted.

Like Tyler says, TextExpander is exactly what you need for this. You could do it with Alfred, but you'd just be building an inferior version of TextExpander.

Alfred is fantastic for a great many things, but this is literally TextExpander's raison d'être.

Give the demo a try.