1 Password Bookmarks not working with latest version Password 4

Alfred Support,

Just noticed this problem with Alfred.  I have 2 Mac's.  One is a Macbook Pro with the latest version of 1 Password that is not working properly, the other is a MacPro with an earlier version that is working properly.

On the Macbook Pro…..Adding or removing bookmarks in 1 Password 4 is not being recognized by Alfred as seen in preferences ,1Password, 1click Bookmarks.  Tried rebuild metadata and Clear Cache.  Works fine on my MacPro.  

Here are the versions: 

Macbook Pro…………OSx 10.8.5……1Password Version 4.1.3(413002)…………Alfred V. 2.1.1(227)….with Powerpack

MacPro………………..OSx 10.7.5……1Password Version 3.8.21(build 32009)…..Alfred V.2.1.1(227)…..with Powerpack

Again the Macbook Pro is the problem.

Could not find a way to add attachments?

Regards,

Tom V

Alfred Support,

Just noticed this problem with Alfred.  I have 2 Mac's.  One is a Macbook Pro with the latest version of 1 Password that is not working properly, the other is a MacPro with an earlier version that is working properly.

On the Macbook Pro…..Adding or removing bookmarks in 1 Password 4 is not being recognized by Alfred as seen in preferences ,1Password, 1click Bookmarks.  Tried rebuild metadata and Clear Cache.  Works fine on my MacPro.  

Here are the versions: 

Macbook Pro…………OSx 10.8.5……1Password Version 4.1.3(413002)…………Alfred V. 2.1.1(227)….with Powerpack

MacPro………………..OSx 10.7.5……1Password Version 3.8.21(build 32009)…..Alfred V.2.1.1(227)…..with Powerpack

Again the Macbook Pro is the problem.

Could not find a way to add attachments?

Regards,

Tom V

Have you enabled 3rd party integration in 1Password 4? This is required to integrate Alfred:

http://support.alfredapp.com/features:1password

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to help sub-forum]

I thought this might be the case when setting 1Password up for the first time yesterday, too. Couldn't get it to work by auto-dicovering or by putting the path to my 1P .agilekeychain in. 3rd party integration was checked, as it should be. I was puzzled

I repaired disk permissions & rebooted. Went back in to Alfred settings, and with the file path entered manually, it still didn't recognise it. However, *now* when I selected "Discover automatically" in the advanced settings, they magically appeared.

HTH

Giles

I thought this might be the case when setting 1Password up for the first time yesterday, too. Couldn't get it to work by auto-dicovering or by putting the path to my 1P .agilekeychain in. 3rd party integration was checked, as it should be. I was puzzled

I repaired disk permissions & rebooted. Went back in to Alfred settings, and with the file path entered manually, it still didn't recognise it. However, *now* when I selected "Discover automatically" in the advanced settings, they magically appeared.

HTH

Giles

1Password 4 shouldn't be using that path unless you are using legacy 1Password 3 bookmarks. If you are using 1Password 4, "Discover Automatically" should be ticked in Alfred and the 3rd Party Integration in 1Password 4 and it will just work.

This should be made more clear in Alfred's 1Password prefs.

Both Discover Automatically and 3rd party integration where checked.  I double checked and all is correct?  Should I Re-install?  Rebooted many times.  I will try repair disk permissions.  No go.  As of today I have 332 logins on 1 Password vs 323 1 click bookmarks in Alfred.

Edited by tvalenti42

Alfred bookmarks are frozen, cannot add or remove logins.  I'm stuck on 323 bookmarks in Alfred?

Do you *only* have 1Password 4 installed on that Mac, or both 1Password 4 and 1Password 3. I suspect that something is confusing Alfred somewhere. You could also try reinstalling 1Password 4.

I have a laptop (MacBookPro) with 1 Password 4 and a Desktop (MacPro) with 1 Password 3 which the OS cannot be upgraded any further since its a 2005 model.  My problem is with the laptop with the most recent OS.  I will reinstall 1 Password and let you know the results.  Thanks for your quick response.

Last login: Sat Feb 22 11:49:44 on console

Thomas-Valentinos-MacBook-Pro:~ tvalenti$ ls -la ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd\ Party\ Integration/

total 80

drwxr-xr-x   3 tvalenti  staff    102 Nov 11 16:24 .

drwx------  30 tvalenti  staff   1020 Oct 13 18:23 ..

-rw-r--r--@  1 tvalenti  staff  40328 Nov 11 16:24 bookmarks-default.json

Thomas-Valentinos-MacBook-Pro:~ tvalenti$ 

Does this mean 1 Password 4 is not updating bookmarks-default.json?  This is after I reinstalled 1 Password 4

Thomas-Valentinos-MacBook-Pro:~ tvalenti$ ls -la ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd\ Party\ Integration/
total 80

Does this mean 1 Password 4 is not updating bookmarks-default.json?  This is after I reinstalled 1 Password 4

Yep, you are correct! It might be worth popping 1Password an email - I bet there is a simple fix (maybe permissions?)

Just sent this info to Agilebits…….

Attached is the 1Password 4 Diagnostics Report generated at February 22, 2014 12:23 PM. Please include a short description of the problem so we can ensure we're looking for the correct issue.

I have been communicating with Alfred discussions forum……

Sending you this report because I'm having a problem with bookmark integration with Alfred with my McBookPro.  It was working? Breifly…..Changing logins, that is adding or deleting in 1 password 4 does not have a corresponding change in Alfred 2.0 bookmarks.  I have the latest versions of OSX, 1 Password and Alfred.  I have installed and reinstalled both apps.

In addition as seen on Alfred website I went into terminal mode and typed the following:

total 80

At this time any changes made in 1Password 4 does not reflect in Alfred bookmarks.  Alfred bookmarks are frozen at a count of 323.

Does this mean that bookmarks-default.json is frozen on Nov 11th?  This could have been the time I updated from 1 password 3 to 1 password 4.  By the way I have a MacPro Desktop (2005 model) with 1 password 3 that works fine with Alfred 2.0

Your advise in this matter is appreciated.

Regards,

Tom V
Edited by tvalenti42
  • 1 month later...

Removing the App Store versions of the 1Password data (I'm using a beta version now) fixed it for me.

1. rm -r ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
  2. rm -r ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx
  3. Uncheck and recheck "Discover Automatically"