Assign non-intuitive search term to file

Hello,

Total newbie here, so go easy on me :¬)

I've browsed the Workflows forum and can't find one that does something I'm certain is really, really easy.

How would I assign a non-intuitive search term to a specific file? e.g. I have a file that's named "wxyz.pages" and I want it to appear at the top of my Alfred list of results when I type “bob” into the Alfred search field?

So, really, this is about setting a default result against a particular search term.

Has someone already done this in the “Share your Workflows” forum, or can someone help me design my own??

Thanks

Giles 

Hello,

I've browsed the Workflows forum and can't find one that does something I'm certain is really, really easy.

How would I assign a non-intuitive search term to a specific file? e.g. I have a file that's named "wxyz.pages" and I want it to appear at the top of my Alfred list of results when I type “bob” into the Alfred search field?

So, really, this is about setting a default result against a particular search term.

Has someone already done this in the “Share your Workflows” forum, or can someone help me design my own??

Thanks

Giles 

Tag the file and search for tags.

Hello,

Thanks

Giles 

If you assign a spotlight comment to any file, Alfred will find it by that label... for example, I have assigned the comment 'landy' to defender90.jpg (in the screenshot), and if I open Alfred and type [spacebar]landy then Alfred will display this file :)

spotlightcomments.png

landy.png

Alfred will soon learn, and latch the term 'landy' to this file.

Hmm, ok. Similar sort of concept. I can do that — and I will, thank you — but I can't help thinking I'd also like to be able to set this sort of default manually, from within Alfred results. Almost like it's within the “Actions” menu: “Set this result as your default #1 response for this particular search term.”

Ho hum. I need to unlearn all my Quicksilver ninja skills before learning new Alfred ones!

:ph34r: