Sign in to follow this  
Walmink

Not able to move file from one external disk to another (bug?)

I was happily cleaning up my "Downloads" folder using (1) cmd+alt+\ and (2) move to, moving the files and folders to an external disk. This was working great.

Then I tried to do the same thing moving files from one external disk to another. No "move finished sound". No files moved either. I added the other drive to the searchable directories of Alfred, but to no avail.

Does anyone know whether this is not possible, if I need to change some setting, or whether this is a bug?

Thanks!

I was happily cleaning up my "Downloads" folder using (1) cmd+alt+\ and (2) move to, moving the files and folders to an external disk. This was working great.

Then I tried to do the same thing moving files from one external disk to another. No "move finished sound". No files moved either. I added the other drive to the searchable directories of Alfred, but to no avail.

Does anyone know whether this is not possible, if I need to change some setting, or whether this is a bug?

Thanks!

There could possibly be an issue somewhere lurking in here - is there anything special about the paths?