deanishe

Offline Unit Conversion Workflow

v3.3 also uses the decimal and thousands separators you've set to parse input.

Now, you exotic Euro-types can enter 12.000,56 or 32'783,30 etc. (depending on your settings), and the workflow won't throw up on your slippers.

Edited by deanishe

Moar updates. v3.5.1 now handles negative numbers and is smarter about the number of decimal places.

There's a CURRENCY_DECIMAL_PLACES override to set a different number of decimal places for currency conversions (for you Bitcoin types), and DECIMAL_PLACES is now a minimum, not a hard limit (by default). If DYNAMIC_DECIMALS is on (the default), the workflow will show as many decimal places as necessary (up to 10) for the result to be non-zero.

Hi @deanishe, thanks for the great workflow.

I have a request related to the significant digits of the converted quantity.

The variable DECIMAL_PLACES controls not only the displayed format in Alfred bar but also the quantity copied to the clipboard on pressing Enter.

E.g. `conv 2.3456 m km` will show a converted quantity `0.0023 kilometer` and copy 0.0023 on the clipboard.

I would prefer to have the displayed result controlled by the mentioned variable but to retain all significant digits in the quantity copied to clipboard (in my previous example 0.0023456).

On 2/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, johseb said:

I would prefer

Is there an objective reason why I should implement this change?

I don't really see the point myself. OTOH, I don't work seriously with numbers, so I'm always open to making justifiable changes.