Search for and run AppleScripts & Automator workflows

I made this for myself (with the help of deanishe) but wondered if anyone else would find it useful?

It's a search filter for AppleScripts and Automator workflows that will run them when you hit Return.

In Alfred's preferences I choose to open AppleScripts rather than running them, so created this for when I want to run scripts and workflows instead.

alfred-run-scripts-workflows-01.png

alfred-run-scripts-workflows-02.png

There's also an action to run scripts or workflows if you haven't used the search filter (i.e. in general file searches).

Download: http://d.pr/ePo7

Edited by Jono

This is a great idea, but I get nothing in my results. My applescripts are in ~/Library/Scripts, and my workflows are in ~/Library/Workflows. Do you have a special search scope set up in Alfred Preferences?

I don't think Alfred searches in ~/Library by default. Try adding those folder folders to the Search Scope, and check the 'Show files marked as System File' option.

Edited by Jono

If you run into any errors, do let me know. Packal is still in the "beta" phase, and there are some intermittent problems with uploading workflows that I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down because, well, they don't seem to be thrown in any consistent manner. But all the more info that I can get when it comes to the errors will help.