1Password opens two tabs in Firefox

Hi.

I have noticed a small bug annoying bug. When I want to open web bage using "1P shortcut" alfred opens two tabs in Firefox.

Problem affects only Firefox (I have checked Safari, Opera and Chrome).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1275510/1P%20Alfred%20Firefox.mov

Lucas

Alfred simply passes the URL off to OS X to open in your default browser, so this is going to be a bug in Firefox not Alfred. If Firefox is quit and you click a link in e.g an email, you'll likely get the same behaviour.

My guess is that if Firefox is running with other webpages showing, it will just open a new tab as expected.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to the help sub-forum]

• 4 weeks later...

It actually replaces the location of the currently active tab as well as opening a new tab. If I don't want to navigate away from the page of my current active tab I have to open a new tab first and then use the 1p shortcut, which nearly defeats the purpose.

It actually replaces the location of the currently active tab as well as opening a new tab. If I don't want to navigate away from the page of my current active tab I have to open a new tab first and then use the 1p shortcut, which nearly defeats the purpose.

As Alfred doesn't have any influence over this behaviour (he simply asks OS X to launch a URL in the same way as e.g. clicking a URL in an email), you'll need to report this to Firefox.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks once again, however I have a question. When I type link in Alfred windows works normally. What's different?

Are you sure? If Firefox is fully quit and you type a URL into Alfred, you only get one tab? From what I understand, if Firefox is running with no windows open, it works as expected... if Firefox is fully quit, then you get the odd behaviour, regardless of the type of link.

Either way, Alfred launches the URLs (1Password / typed URL) in exactly the same way.

Hi.

I am sure... I have tested it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1275510/Alfred_1p_Firefox.mov

Are you sure? If Firefox is fully quit and you type a URL into Alfred, you only get one tab? From what I understand, if Firefox is running with no windows open, it works as expected... if Firefox is fully quit, then you get the odd behaviour, regardless of the type of link.

Either way, Alfred launches the URLs (1Password / typed URL) in exactly the same way.