Gauth: Google Authenticator (Time-Based Two-Factor Authentication)

6 minutes ago, Acidham said:

`code` does not work

Sure it does. I have been using it for almost a decade, as has every other user of the Workflow. If it’s not working for you, check the debugger. You know how this works—if you don’t give me any information on what you’re doing and what’s happening, there’s no way for me to help you.

The Workflow makes the conversion using the correct BBCode tags; the result os only visible when previewing or submitting the post.

Edited by vitor
5 minutes ago, TomekB said:

Here's Python3 version for those who don't want to download Python2 for macOS 12.3

I’ll add it to the table as an alternative. If it’s merged, I’ll update it accordingly.

Do note the default branch in your repository is develop and that one has the old Workflow. Anyone visiting the main page of the repo won’t be encountering the updated version. Changing the default branch is simple.

6 minutes ago, vitor said:

I’ll add it to the table as an alternative. If it’s merged, I’ll update it accordingly.

Do note the default branch in your repository is develop and that one has the old Workflow. Anyone visiting the main page of the repo won’t be encountering the updated version. Changing the default branch is simple.

That's now done. `master` is now default branch. Also updated README file with the corrected link.

• 3 months later...

Looks like Alfred 5 breaks this add-on :(

After updating to Alfred 5 (and while using the Python 3 version of Gauth Workflow) the workflow fails.

Turned on the debug and the error relates to something called `readPlist` (I'm not a python speaker)... here's the error log:

[16:47:54.532] Logging Started...
[16:48:04.291] Google Authenticator[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[16:48:04.400] Google Authenticator[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[16:48:04.403] ERROR: Google Authenticator[Script Filter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/glawrie/Sync/AppSync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.1D847186-5E7D-4AC8-B2A3-B6032E5FD5A7/workflow.py", line 7, in <module>
    import alfred
  File "/Users/glawrie/Sync/AppSync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.1D847186-5E7D-4AC8-B2A3-B6032E5FD5A7/alfred.py", line 22, in <module>
    preferences = plistlib.readPlist('info.plist')
AttributeError: module 'plistlib' has no attribute 'readPlist'

Does anyone know what needs to be done to fix?

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same error as glawrie above, and I have:

• re-downloaded the workflow
  • built the workflow from source
  • switched my Python versions from 3.9 to 3.8 just in case

But I still see this in the debugger:

ERROR: Google Authenticator[Script Filter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/ryan/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C2732538-A75C-410E-BAC3-0BF09D42B199/workflow.py", line 7, in <module>
    import alfred
  File "/Users/ryan/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C2732538-A75C-410E-BAC3-0BF09D42B199/alfred.py", line 22, in <module>
    preferences = plistlib.readPlist('info.plist')
AttributeError: module 'plistlib' has no attribute 'readPlist'

FYI Alfred v4.7

Edited by rda
added Alfred version