Debugger sometimes closing on Workflow Run [Fixed 2.3 b262]

rice.shawn

Updated today (v2.2 243). Mavericks 10.9.2.

So, I pulled in this number converting workflow ( Workflow on Github | Forum Thread ) to figure out if I could trace the bug that a user had reported on the thread. I opened up the debugger and saw that the error was some sort of empty XML document, and then the debugger automatically closed. I kept re-opening it, and it would randomly close at varying intervals when the workflow was run.

I don't know much more about what might be going on with the debugger. I've tried it in other workflows, but I haven't been able to reproduce the bug, so this one is doing something to it.

It's probably minor because so far I've seen it only in one workflow, but it might be informative.

Cheers.

Updated today (v2.2 243). Mavericks 10.9.2.

So, I pulled in this number converting workflow ( Workflow on Github | Forum Thread ) to figure out if I could trace the bug that a user had reported on the thread. I opened up the debugger and saw that the error was some sort of empty XML document, and then the debugger automatically closed. I kept re-opening it, and it would randomly close at varying intervals when the workflow was run.

I don't know much more about what might be going on with the debugger. I've tried it in other workflows, but I haven't been able to reproduce the bug, so this one is doing something to it.

It's probably minor because so far I've seen it only in one workflow, but it might be informative.

Cheers.

If the workflow is dynamically updating its plist, this may be making Alfred's prefs reload the workflow and the debugger would close at this point. I'll take a look and make sure it's a bit more resilient against this.

I was having the same problem today while editing a workflow. Note: I wasn't editing info.plist, but a PHP file inside the workflow.

This may still trigger a workflow reload, so I'm sure this will get wrapped up in the fix :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...