Export workflow doesn't preserve hotkeys

phstc

Hey

I created a workflow to take screenshots, so I associated the shortcut `CMD+Shift+5` to call my ruby script, take the screenshot and copy the Dropbox URL to the clipboard. It works, but when I export my workflow and import it again (removing it before re-importing) it doesn't preserve the hotkeys.

Is it the expected behaviour or an error? If it is expected, is there a way to preserve the hotkeys? 

My workflow

https://github.com/phstc/alfred_screenshots_dropbox

Before exporting.

Screen%20Shot%202014-03-16%20at%2006.52.

After exporting, removing and importing it again.

Screen%20Shot%202014-03-16%20at%2006.53.

Thanks

It is expected behaviour, cannot currently be changed, and probably won’t be in the future. It works that way so your chosen hotkeys do not conflict with the ones other users of your workflow might have, or even your own, on a different machine.

Hey

I created a workflow to take screenshots, so I associated the shortcut `CMD+Shift+5` to call my ruby script, take the screenshot and copy the Dropbox URL to the clipboard. It works, but when I export my workflow and import it again (removing it before re-importing) it doesn't preserve the hotkeys.

Is it the expected behaviour or an error? If it is expected, is there a way to preserve the hotkeys? 

My workflow

https://github.com/phstc/alfred_screenshots_dropbox

Thanks

This is also for security and convenience, so when you import a workflow, you don't get any hotkeys registering without your knowledge.

If you are exporting to import to another Mac, you could always setup syncing. Workflow hotkeys are preserved / synced between your Macs.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to closed]