Disable Hotkey in Photoshop

Hi,

Bound Alfred to CMD + Space to replace OSX spotlight...works fine.

Problem: in Photoshop CMD + Space is used for Zooming in, and I'd prefer not to change that since Ive used for many years and it's ingrained in my muscle memory.

Question: Can I disable the Alfred Hotkey (CMD + Space) ONLY in Photoshop?

Thanks

Luis

Hi,

Bound Alfred to CMD + Space to replace OSX spotlight...works fine.

Problem: in Photoshop CMD + Space is used for Zooming in, and I'd prefer not to change that since Ive used for many years and it's ingrained in my muscle memory.

Question: Can I disable the Alfred Hotkey (CMD + Space) ONLY in Photoshop?

Thanks

Luis

In order to keep Alfred lean and fast he doesn't monitor or watch context or other things going on within the operating system. Unfortunately, the best thing to do for now may be to change the hotkey that activates alfred.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem. As a tribute to the bad old days, I changed Alfred to Ctrl-Alt-Del (on my Mac Mini, I have a standard keyboard remapped, so actually Ctrl-Cmd-Del). I'll have to try the Adobe apps to see if I can map them the same, although I'm used to the new mapping for Alfred.

• 8 months later...

Here's a workaround that works in Alfred 2.3 and later to disable the hot key. It uses a workflow, so that will require the Powerpack add on.

1. In Alfred preferences, general, set the hot key to something you're not likely ever use. I set mine to shift-control-option-command-f12.
  2. Click Workflows
  3. At the bottom of the left column, click the + button
  4. Choose Templates > Show Alfred > Show Alfred with the selected test
  5. Change the name to "Show Alfred". You can leave the rest of the fields blank or set them as you wish.
  6. Click "Clear"
  7. Double click on the box in the middle of the dark grey area
  8. Change Argument to None.
  9. Type the hot key you wish to use (e.g., command-space)
  10. Click "Related Apps"
  11. Choose "don't have focus" for "Hotkey is only active when the following apps"
  12. From the Finder, drag the Photoshop application icon to the white/grey striped "following apps" area.
  13. Click save.
  14. Type your hot key for this new workflow; Alfred should appear.

You could use a similar technique to create an alternative hot key for Photoshop (or other apps) if you with; just use "have focus" instead.