Workflow autocompletion slower than App autocompletion (reorders after opening alfred)

As you can see in this little video (needed something to demonstrate) my workflow (the toggle wifi) shows up at the top about a second after the Wireless Diagnostics app shows at the top.

This is quite annoying which regularly results me in accidently opening the wireless diagnostics instead of my toggle wifi workflow ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khdd02ld4xkm90h/alfred_slow.mov

Versions:

Alfred v2.2 (243)

OS X: 10.9.2, build 13C64

Edited by wolph

As you can see in this little video (needed something to demonstrate) my workflow (the toggle wifi) shows up at the top about a second after the Wireless Diagnostics app shows at the top.

This is quite annoying which regularly results me in accidently opening the wireless diagnostics instead of my toggle wifi workflow ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khdd02ld4xkm90h/alfred_slow.mov

Versions:

Alfred v2.2 (243)

OS X: 10.9.2, build 13C64

Alfred shows results the instant they are returned to him. The application cache is absolutely instant therefore you are likely to see those results first... Likewise, the instant the workflow returns the results to Alfred, they will be displayed immediately.

Is the workflow using a script filter? If so, there may be something in the script delaying the results into Alfred (as static keyword based workflows will show instantly too). There may also be an issue with the UIDs which is causing a sorting issue.

You could also try clearing your knowledge in Alfred's Advanced preferences.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to the workflow help sub-forum, somebody here may be able to help us get to the bottom of the latency by looking at your workflow]

First of all, apologies for the slow response. I completely forgot to check and kind of assumed I would get a notification for updates ;)

Is the workflow using a script filter? If so, there may be something in the script delaying the results into Alfred (as static keyword based workflows will show instantly too). There may also be an issue with the UIDs which is causing a sorting issue.

of the latency by looking at your workflow]

You are indeed correct, the workflow is/was using a Script Filter, that must be the problem.

As Nogorilla suggested though, clearing the knowledge did help quite a bit. Not that it solved it completely but it's so fast that it doesn't matter too much right now.