• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sorting problem should be fixed now. Can someone confirm this?

I'm not sure what the sorting problem was. If you explain, I would be glad to check for you.

I just updated to the new version and now see these numbers next to each entry that were not there with the previous version?

s8BEw55.png

I'm not sure what the sorting problem was. If you explain, I would be glad to check for you.

I just updated to the new version and now see these numbers next to each entry that were not there with the previous version?

That's a "feature" ;)  it's the easiest way to show how many items are in your list.

Pocket's API does some weird things. Instead of providing an ordered list, they provide an JS object that has to be sorted manually in Python. As I found out, the keys had different lengths which caused the sorting issues. 

Just check if your sorting matches the one you can see on Pocket's website: http://getpocket.com/

Thanks!

Edited by fniephaus

Just check if your sorting matches the one you can see on Pocket's website: http://getpocket.com/

Thanks!

I have the web site set to sort by newest first, and just bringing up the workflow with no search entered sorts by those numbers, but that does not at all match the web site (either newest or oldest).  For example that #107 entry is about halfway down the web page when sorted by newest.

e6odhKR.png

I have the web site set to sort by newest first, and just bringing up the workflow with no search entered sorts by those numbers, but that does not at all match the web site (either newest or oldest).  For example that #107 entry is about halfway down the web page when sorted by newest.

Unfortunately, Pocket's API documentation hasn't been touched since November 7, 2012.

But I've changed the sorting once more.

You should be able to update the workflow by typing in the following command:

pocket workflow:update
Edited by fniephaus

Unfortunately, Pocket's API documentation hasn't been touched since November 7, 2012.

But I've changed the sorting once more.

You should be able to update the workflow by typing in the following command:

pocket workflow:update

That did it. Now matches the web site sort perfectly.

Thanks for the update.

fniephaus 

Looks like a terrefic workflow. Unfortunately I have some problem making it work.

1°) When I type ctrl+l in Google Chrome nothing is happening. The url in the url bar is not copied to the clipboard. 

2°) After using the workflow a few times in Alfred'Bar, I get the message "A new version is available" (the version I use in the one from Packal.org).

If I update I get a new workflow and the same problems described earlier reappear.

Plus I get this error message :

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: 14:37:30 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:30 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:30 workflow.py:1527 DEBUG    Loading cached data from : /Users/politicus/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.pocket/pocket_list.cpickle
14:37:30 background.py:215 DEBUG    Calling [u'/usr/bin/python', '/Users/politicus/Documents/Dropbox/Backups_Applications/Backups_Alfred/Alfred_Backups/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7F01F33A-88AF-4EC3-9457-8DA043903F05/workflow/background.pyc', 'pocket_refresh'] ...
14:37:31 background.py:220 DEBUG    Executing task `pocket_refresh` in background...
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: 14:37:33 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:33 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:33 workflow.py:1527 DEBUG    Loading cached data from : /Users/politicus/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.pocket/pocket_list.cpickle

Besides that, everything is working pretty well  :)

fniephaus 

Looks like a terrefic workflow. Unfortunately I have some problem making it work.

1°) When I type ctrl+l in Google Chrome nothing is happening. The url in the url bar is not copied to the clipboard. 

2°) After using the workflow a few times in Alfred'Bar, I get the message "A new version is available" (the version I use in the one from Packal.org).

If I update I get a new workflow and the same problems described earlier reappear.

Plus I get this error message :

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: 14:37:30 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:30 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:30 workflow.py:1527 DEBUG    Loading cached data from : /Users/politicus/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.pocket/pocket_list.cpickle
14:37:30 background.py:215 DEBUG    Calling [u'/usr/bin/python', '/Users/politicus/Documents/Dropbox/Backups_Applications/Backups_Alfred/Alfred_Backups/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7F01F33A-88AF-4EC3-9457-8DA043903F05/workflow/background.pyc', 'pocket_refresh'] ...
14:37:31 background.py:220 DEBUG    Executing task `pocket_refresh` in background...
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: 14:37:33 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:33 workflow.py:2036 DEBUG    get_password : com.fniephaus.pocket:pocket_access_token
14:37:33 workflow.py:1527 DEBUG    Loading cached data from : /Users/politicus/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.pocket/pocket_list.cpickle

Besides that, everything is working pretty well  :)

Thanks for your feedback.

1) Can you open any website on Chrome and then execute the following in your terminal

osascript -e 'tell application "Google Chrome" to return URL of active tab of front window'

It's exactly the same piece of code that the workflow uses to determine the URL of the current website you're visiting.

2) Sorry about that, the updater should soon provide you with an update that fixes the issue.

3) The error message is not really an error. It shows the debug output of the background process fetching your latest links!

I found a bug with very large (+5000) link lists and I'll soon push an update to resolve this!

Feature Request: Search by Tags

Hello.

Not sure there is an API for this, but is it possible to add the ability to search by tags (multiple with comma if possible)? I use tags quite a bit with Pocket, and would like to leverage this work. Searching now requires me to remember the title of the bookmark, which obviously requires a great bookmark title in order to find later, not to mention a good memory. :)

Thanks for all the great work.

P.S. I did post this on the GitHub repo as well.

Edited by michaelwoodruff
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks,

so I just released v3.0-beta.1 with label support and it can now handle lists with more than 5000 links:

https://github.com/fniephaus/alfred-pocket/releases/tag/v3.0-beta.1

Since the workflow now uses delta syncing, it'd be great if you guys could give me some feedback!

Great to see you added tag support!!

I tried installing, but I can’t seem to get tags to filter. From your notes on GitHub you mentioned using “#" to indicate a tag. This seems to do nothing for me. Could be user error?

Is the Mac Pocket required? There was an upgrade today to the Mac app, and I am not sure if that broke something.

Great to see you added tag support!!

I tried installing, but I can’t seem to get tags to filter. From your notes on GitHub you mentioned using “#" to indicate a tag. This seems to do nothing for me. Could be user error?

Is the Mac Pocket required? There was an upgrade today to the Mac app, and I am not sure if that broke something.

It seems to work for me by just typing in the tag. That shows only bookmarks with that tag.

• 2 weeks later...