soliphint

No notifications on Drive eject

Since getting the latest update, whenever I eject the mounted drives, I get no notifications that they have ejected. No settings were changed from the previous version to the latest update. How do I get notifications back?

Since getting the latest update, whenever I eject the mounted drives, I get no notifications that they have ejected. No settings were changed from the previous version to the latest update. How do I get notifications back?

Hi Scott,

I've replied to your email a few moments before you posted this so please check your inbox and let me know if your issue is resolved :)

Cheers,

Vero

Could you post the solution here? I'm also experiencing this issue, but haven't sent a direct email about it yet.

The previous user had switched off Notifications in Notification Centre on his Mac.

Launch your Notifications Preferences in OS X and have a look at the Alert Style you've set for Alfred 2. If Alfred has either been removed from the list or you've switched the alert style to "None", switch to "Banners" and check the boxes below it.

I had not switched off Notifications. I had them set to "Alerts" rather than banners though. I haven't seen any banners or entries in my alerts that show when my drives have been ejected. Are there any other known causes/solutions for a lack of drive ejection notifications?

Also, a separate issue: if I have multiple drives connected, and I eject all, in the past (on Mavericks, when this still worked) each alert would replace the previous one in a rapid succession, so that I had to open the notifications pane in order to verify that all of the drives had been ejected. What I had expected from this feature is a stack of alerts/banners that stayed visible long enough for me to read each one.

Edited by rdg

Thanks for the second reply from admin (Alfred's mom). This helps me with other notifications. I don't like to get the notifications, so i changed some other alerts to "none". Thanks again.