Alfred workfow frequently doesn't find my file in specified folder

I have a frequent problem with Alfred failing to find text files (MEL script text file actually) that are in one of the specified folders and added manually to the searched types:

It's happening all the time and it's really hit and miss so there's no way for me to figure out what the cause is.

I should note that Spotlight finds it fine 
Edited by cgbeige

I have a frequent problem with Alfred failing to find text files (MEL script text file actually) that are in one of the specified folders and added manually to the searched types:

It's happening all the time and it's really hit and miss so there's no way for me to figure out what the cause is.

I should note that Spotlight finds it fine 

Whenever you see any unreliability in file filters, a reindex of your OS X metadata will almost certainly fix it. There is a shortcut to rebuild the metadata index in Alfred's Advanced prefs.

Alfred crafts queries differently to Spotlight, so you may see different results in Alfred and Spotlight if there is any corruption in the metadata index.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to help sub-forum]

so it just started happening again. It's a constant issue so I don't know what to say other than this is an Alfred issue or an OS X issue so you'll need to follow up with Apple otherwise

For one of the files which isn't being found, can you pop it into this tool so we can see the data:

http://cachefly.alfredapp.com/tools/AlfredMetadataTool_v1.0.zip

If you are having a file search issue, it's likely to be a misconfiguration or corruption in your OS X metadata and not a bug in Alfred, as file search is core to Alfred's inners and is essentially unchanged since launch so very established.

I'm sure we'll be able to work out what's going on for you though :)

Cheers,

Andrew