Ping Pong — Play a round of table tennis with Alfred

Play a round of table tennis against Alfred! Well, technically it’s more like playing against /dev/urandom, but you’re doing so through Alfred.

Oh I've been laughing my guts out while trying this out. Genius. Great way to unwind for a few seconds before cracking on with work :P

Thank you both. Your comments actually made me want to spend some more time implementing the rest of the functionality. After some work, it’s done (download link is the same). I’ve removed the “worthless” jokes, as they no longer apply since this is now actually playable. You still type “ping” to start a game, but this time you’ll pick a difficulty (“easy” makes it work as before).

I also took the opportunity to try to and build a two-player (different) game, TurnShoot.

Update.

Better game experience with native Alfred 3 features. This was one of my earliest Workflows and early in Alfred 2’s life. Since it does something Alfred is not designed to, it was hacky as hell. I decided to see if I could update it “properly”, using Alfred 3 features. It is indeed possible. The Workflow is now more complex (it even requires more nodes), but it’s way less hacky.

I’ve also improved the experience both in terms of gameplay design and speed.

Finally, it has a new icon.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Edited by vitor
  • vitor changed the title to Ping Pong — Play a round of table tennis with Alfred