LinkClean — Remove extraneous information from URLs

Clean clutter from URLs such as all sorts of utm_ variants and subdomains like m. for mobile sites.

Run lc and input a URL, or leave it blank to use your clipboard contents. Action it and a clean link will be copied to your clipboard and pasted to your frontmost app. If given a shotened URL, redirects will be followed before cleaning.

BOlDUmt.png

Download | Source

Edited by vitor
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update.

Generalize to remove everything after ?. I used to only do that case-by-case since there are legitimate uses for ? that change the page without being useless, but it seems like that maybe the minority. Trying it this way and maybe will add exceptions instead. Please let me know if any links break with this new rule.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Updates.

• Support Amazon Smile URLs.
  • Always follow redirects.
  • Use either your clipboard or input a URL.
  • Cleaner code.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

• 5 weeks later...
  • vitor changed the title to LinkClean — Remove extraneous information from URLs

I just installed it. On amazon.com works great, but on Amazon.de not so good, this is before and after (yes - they are the same):

https://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Switch-Konsole-Grau-2019/dp/B07W13KJZC?pf_rd_r=KZPSC02CKA27F12JWRPM&pf_rd_p=f6c987c2-74e9-4cb4-ac98-788b2ab13bdc&pd_rd_r=30ee7e3a-fde1-434b-b587-0c4b66921954&pd_rd_w=hn1Oq&pd_rd_wg=MLD3x&ref_=pd_gw_crs_zg_bs_300992

https://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Switch-Konsole-Grau-2019/dp/B07W13KJZC?pf_rd_r=KZPSC02CKA27F12JWRPM&pf_rd_p=f6c987c2-74e9-4cb4-ac98-788b2ab13bdc&pd_rd_r=30ee7e3a-fde1-434b-b587-0c4b66921954&pd_rd_w=hn1Oq&pd_rd_wg=MLD3x&ref_=pd_gw_crs_zg_bs_300992

5 hours ago, Voland said:

On amazon.com works great, but on Amazon.de not so good

It’s not related to the Amazon version, you just found another pattern they use. I’ve just released an update that will catch that and more.