Need a quick place to write up some text that you won't need to save? Need a slightly more persistent clipboard? Don't want to bother opening up a text editor? Already have your browser open?

Download Chrome Notepad from Packal.

Just type "cn"; and you'll see a new tab open in Chrome that will give you a styled scratchpad.

Right now it's only Chrome (I wrote this quickly for myself not in the most efficient way), but it can be expanded to other browsers.

chromenotepad.png

Edited by Shawn Rice

Nice idea.

It's throwing an error for me, as the escaping options are wrong for the AppleScript. Deselecting "Spaces" fixed the problem, but I think you only need to select "Double Quotes" and "Backslashes" for AppleScript.

I just queued an update on Packal with the escaping changes. I didn't have spaces in my "syncing" folder, so it didn't throw those errors for me. Thanks for jumping on this.

I just pushed an update on this one so that it has persistent data storage. Now your notes are saved when you close the browser tab. That had been bugging me for a while.

How is Evernote not able to clip it? I mean, what precisely does Evernote do when it "clips?"

(The other alternative is to just copy/paste into a new note if you decide you want it somewhere else)

Yeah, copy and past is cool, any can use the awesome Evernote workflow...

The clipper says cannot start on this page...

If I remember correctly this could be because the Evernote web clipper does not work on local files opened in the browser...(?)

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-12%20at%2013.03.

If I remember correctly this could be because the Evernote web clipper does not work on local files opened in the browser...(?)

Well, that would keep it from working.