Tyler Eich

Default values for workflow information, workflow objects

It would be a great convenience if Alfred could automatically fill in some data every time I create a blank workflow.

For example, a setting in Alfred that would auto-fill any new workflow with the following info:

• Bundle Id: tylereich.
  • Created By: Tyler Eich

The same principal applies to workflow objects. When working with a script object, I manually deselect every escaping choice except 'Double quotes' and 'Backslashes'. It would be great if Alfred remembered what options I picked last time (language and escaping) and defaulted to those for every new object until I made another change.

It's a small enhancement, but if you make a lot of workflows, it could save you a lot of time. :)

Edited by Tyler Eich

The same principal applies to workflow objects. When working with a script object, I manually deselect every escaping choice except 'Double quotes' and 'Backslashes'. It would be great if Alfred remembered what options I picked last time and defaulted to those for every new object until I made another change.

It's a small enhancement, but if you make a lot of workflows, it could save you a lot of time. :)

This. I only use AppleScript so there are a lot of selecting going on before start the workflow. :)

This. I only use AppleScript so there are a lot of selecting going on before start the workflow. :)

So it would be good if the language was remembered too, eh?  :)  I'll make sure that's clear in the original post

I actually already have a ticket for the concept of something a bit like template objects where you can save your fave objects as templates for easy access. Now that you can copy and paste, remember that you could always just have a "templates" workflow with pre-configured objects you could copy and paste out of with your fave settings.

I already have a ticket for pre-set names and bundle IDs too, so you'll see this in the future :)