Current Conditions Workflow (retrieve from National Weather Service)

Hi guys,

I made a workflow that retrieves the current conditions using National Weather Service stations. US only, sorry.

sample.png

The station codes can be found here, but generally the three-letter code of your nearest airport preceded by a "K" will work (e.g. KJFK, KSFO, KBOS, KPDX, KPHL). Let me know if this turns out not to be the case. You can set a certain station as default so you don't have to look it up once you've found one that you like. 

Serves a similar purpose to David's Weather Workflow, but rather than providing a forecast it gives you the most up-to-date information with additional details like humidity, wind, pressure, dew point, and visibility.

64-bit only. There's a C binary that I can't disclose the source code for, since it was for a class I'm currently taking.

Here's the Github page.

Here's just the workflow.

If you end up using it and find it helpful please star it on Github or let me know below. I'd love to get some feedback.

Edited by djc

Hey this is really nice!

I made something similar that pulls together NOAA's Detailed Forecast info, but it isn't remotely as polished as this. Do you have any plans to add that info as well? I'm not putting in a feature request, just curious. :-)

Thank you!

I hadn't seriously thought about adding forecast info before, mostly because David's Weather Workflow has that covered. From what I looked at regarding the NOAA's detailed forecast info it doesn't look like there is a way to get the forecast for a specific station code (unless you get the latitude and longitude of the station). Of course, if anyone else would like to add forecasts and pull request, via NOAA's service or some other means, I'd love to check it out.

Pumped to see a Portlander on here. I'm at college now but I grew up in the area.