avayl

Need an improved "Move to..."

When using the 'move to' action on a file from my laptop's /Download folder to an external drive it actually just copies over and doesn't remove the original.

I figured a workaround will be to perform a 'copy to' action and then delete the original. Can someone tell me how this can be accomplished as a workflow?

Thanks,

Alex

When using the 'move to' action on a file from my laptop's /Download folder to an external drive it actually just copies over and doesn't remove the original.

I figured a workaround will be to perform a 'copy to' action and then delete the original. Can someone tell me how this can be accomplished as a workflow?

Thanks,

Alex

You should see this same result if you were to try and move an item from an internal drive to an external in OSX as well. This is the default behavior. You could however make a workflow that would do just as you mention.. copy to the external and delete the source.

You should see this same result if you were to try and move an item from an internal drive to an external in OSX as well. This is the default behavior. You could however make a workflow that would do just as you mention.. copy to the external and delete the source.

Yes, you're correct. Luckily I found this workflow which seems to do just that! http://www.packal.org/workflow/move

The default behaviour is to copy files between different drives but move them on the same drive. If it says "move" it really should move the files.

The default behaviour is to copy files between different drives but move them on the same drive. If it says "move" it really should move the files.

I'm desperate on this 'move to' an external drive (like my nifty SD card), so please improve this Alfred!

Unfortunately http://www.packal.org/workflow/move doesn't work as a file action. Can somebody please help me with this workaround? Thanks, Nils