noahcoad

Custom Web Searches no persisted using Dropbox

Repro: (1) set to sync settings in a dropbox folder, (2) add a custom web search, (3) close preferences, (4) reopen preferences, expect to see new addition, actually its not there

View repro video: http://screencast.com/t/kndRE4aWLBB

Alfred v2.3 (264)

OSX 10.9.2

Dropbox v2.6.33

continual repro, haven't found a workaround yet

Repro: (1) set to sync settings in a dropbox folder, (2) add a custom web search, (3) close preferences, (4) reopen preferences, expect to see new addition, actually its not there

View repro video: http://screencast.com/t/kndRE4aWLBB

Alfred v2.3 (264)

OSX 10.9.2

Dropbox v2.6.33

continual repro, haven't found a workaround yet

This is almost always down to either a permissions or syncing [conflict] issue.

If you have setup syncing on two different Macs, you need to allow the the first one to fully sync out to Dropbox before attaching the other one to the same folder in Dropbox to prevent conflicts.

Try setting the sync folder to a different location in Dropbox and see if things save.

[moving to help sub-forum]

No luck yet.  I'm not using it on any other computer.  I changed folders, same behavior.  There is a Alfred.alfredpreferences file in the folder.  Any other ideas?

No luck yet.  I'm not using it on any other computer.  I changed folders, same behavior.  There is a Alfred.alfredpreferences file in the folder.  Any other ideas?

Could you try de-syncing... set the folder back to somewhere like ~/Documents (outside of the Dropbox folder)

Okay, did that, set it to a local folder, everything working fine.  Set it back to an empty unused Dropbox folder and same problem, changes were not being saved.