CarlosNZ

DeskDrawer (Keep the clutter off your Desktop!) [Updated to 1.5]

On 12/21/2017 at 8:04 AM, Gee said:

EDIT below: screencast of the bug

Hello everyone, 

I discovered this great workflow a couple of days ago.

Moving files and performing actions work great

I do have an issue though.

Out of curiosity, I tried to unmove a file back to the desktop.

it correctly disappeared from the drawer folder but was nowhere to be seen afterward.

- it was not on my desktop

- it was not in the trash

- it was not indexed by Alfred or Spotlight

It just disappeared completely!

I tried unlinking the desktop from the iCloud sync, thinking this might have caused a problem. And I tried again.

I got the same result.

I should add that I did not modify the path of the drawer folder, just invoking it with a custom command ('dsk' instead of 'drawer') that's about it.

Is this unmoving a file working on your side?

Edit : The unmoved file goes to Alfred's preferences, in a directory where the actual workflow is located

See a short screencast below : 

It's a major bug that was firstly reported by me on this post: 

I would like to use this workflow but this scary bug keeps me from relying on it. It would be nice if @CarlosNZ could take a look into it.

Hey guys, yeah sorry, this workflow hasn't actually been updated for Alfred 3.x I'm afraid, so apologies for any mis-functioning. I should probably make this clear in the release notes -- thanks for letting me know.

Personally, these days I just use a combination of Unclutter and Mohave's built-in Desktop stacks to achieve this functionality.

4 hours ago, CarlosNZ said:

Hey guys, yeah sorry, this workflow hasn't actually been updated for Alfred 3.x I'm afraid, so apologies for any mis-functioning. I should probably make this clear in the release notes -- thanks for letting me know.

Personally, these days I just use a combination of Unclutter and Mohave's built-in Desktop stacks to achieve this functionality.

The bug has nothing to do with Alfred's version. I reported it before Alfred 3 release four years ago.

Anyway I already created a simple workflow after my last post that I should release in a day or two.

Edited by xilopaint

On 2/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, xilopaint said:

The bug has nothing to do with Alfred's version. I reported it before Alfred 3 release four years ago.

Anyway I already created a simple workflow after my last post that I should release in a day or two.

Did you get a chance to release this yet?