Safari Tabs workflow

Hi,

I like the Google Chrome Tab Search workflow that alfredo has developed but as I primarily use Safari, I decided to make a similar workflow which searches tabs in Safari.

Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202013-01-30%20kl.%200

The workflow allows you to search all open tabs in all open windows and selecting a result will change to the tab and focus the window.

The workflow only includes one command:

• tabs (query) Searches for tabs matching the specified query. Both name of the tab as well as the URL is matched. The query is optional and if no query is specified, all open tabs will be listed.

When ”hovering” over a tab in the list, you can use one of the following modifier keys or, of course, simply select the tab to bring it to focus. The modifier keys and their actions are listed below.

• alt Creates a new e-mail with Mail.app in which the name of the tab is the subject and the URL is included in the contents.
  • ctrl Closes all tabs and windows but the selected tab.
  • cmd Closes the selected tab.

Dowload the latest version of the workflow here or, as always, you can grab the source code at GitHub.

Please tell me if you find a bug or have a great idea to expand the workflow  :)

Hey there. I replied with some fixes and suggestions for alfredo's Google Chrome Tab Search workflow, but they should apply to yours as well. Just change "Google Chrome" to "Safari" in the code snippet I posted there.

Thank you! That's great. I had been struggling with focusing the correct window and in the end I came up with some "hack" solution which made the window animate and what not. Your solution is way more elegant. I have also fixed the issue with quotes in names.

Anyone using the workflow should update it to the latest version.

Doesn't work here. Bringing up the Alfred search results only in 'Search for tabs' as result. Safari window is activated. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure why this might happen for you. Do you have the latest version of Alfred 2 installed? Can you try open just one window with one simple tab (e.g. "Google", nothing fancy) and see if it works?

I'm not sure why this might happen for you. Do you have the latest version of Alfred 2 installed? Can you try open just one window with one simple tab (e.g. "Google", nothing fancy) and see if it works?

Strange, it works now perfectly. Yesterday I tried the one simple tab approach and restarting Safari & Alfred, had no luck. I'm on the latest version, yes.