All of my workflows that are requesting data from external resources don't get response. I think there is nothing wrong with the workflows, since their authors confirm that they're working.

Workflows tested are:

At the time of writing, I redownloaded the latest version from all of them.

When I type the shortcut for one of the workflows, for a very short time there's a loading indication ("Updating database...", "Retrieving data from..." or similar) but as soon as I'm typing my request it stops and looks like this:

X563ZlF.png

Is it possible to get an error log or something which could help me understand what's going on? Or does somebody has another clue?

- Alfred v2.3 (264)

- Mac OS X 10.9.3

Edited by MichaelKaeser

All of my workflows that are requesting data from external resources don't get response. I think there is nothing wrong with the workflows, since their authors confirm that they're working.

Workflows tested are:

When I type the shortcut for one of the workflows, for a very short time there's a loading indication ("Updating database...", "Retrieving data from..." or similar) but as soon as I'm typing my request it stops and looks like this:

X563ZlF.png

Is it possible to get an error log or something which could help me understand what's going on? Or does somebody has another clue?

If you open Console.app, do you see any errors listed there?

Alfred doesn't provide any network APIs to workflows, so this issue will be outside of Alfred's control. Do you use any 3rd party firewall or a network proxy which could be getting in the workflow's way?

[moving to Workflow help]

Workflows tested are:

X563ZlF.png

- Alfred v2.3 (264)

- Mac OS X 10.9.3

If you open Console.app, do you see any errors listed there?

Alfred doesn't provide any network APIs to workflows, so this issue will be outside of Alfred's control. Do you use any 3rd party firewall or a network proxy which could be getting in the workflow's way?

[moving to Workflow help]

I would be willing to bet that this one isn't a firewall issue. Looking at those workflows, they all seem to be PHP based so I would guess PHP is the issue. Are you using a version of PHP other than the one that comes bundled with OSX in /usr/bin/php?

In fact it isn't a firewall issue. I have a custom php.ini (/private/etc/php.ini) in which I uncommented those extensions:

extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

This is for working with virtualhosts. Not quite sure why they are blocking the requests of the workflows? So finally I just commented them out and it's working again. Thanks guys for the help!

Those should be commented out no matter what because all .dll extensions for PHP are windows based (and I'm betting you're on a Mac if you're posting here).

Unix based extensions (thus for Mac) are the ones that end in .so. So, use those instead.