Clipboard merge

When I copy something from terminal (I use Total Terminal, looks like it only happens here), I hear the "purr" sound.... so Alfred thinks I pressed "C" twice, but I wasn't...

Also it really merges the copied content.

Other things: I noticed that sometimes pressing the CMD and then C twice doesn't trigger the merge... not sure when it happens but it does.

david

When I copy something from terminal (I use Total Terminal, looks like it only happens here), I hear the "purr" sound.... so Alfred thinks I pressed "C" twice, but I wasn't...

Also it really merges the copied content.

Other things: I noticed that sometimes pressing the CMD and then C twice doesn't trigger the merge... not sure when it happens but it does.

david

Alfred's clipboard merge mechanism is actually very simple, it just watches for subsequent duplicate entries in the clipboard with an incremental OS X clipboard count number... So you may likely find that Total Terminal is setup to automatically copy things to the clipboard on selection, so what's happening is you are selecting some text and TT is putting it in the clipboard, then you are typing cmd+c which is putting it in the clipboard again which Alfred recognises as a double cmd+c and merges.

If merge isn't working some other times, do you have something installed such as Popclip or Textmate? These both use the clipboard mechanism and can interfere with the OS X clipboard counter.

[moving to help sub-forum]

Cheers,

Andrew