Pinboard 1.53 (Alfred 4): Search, Add and Delete Bookmarks

Until the folder is shared, the workflow won't be available. The Dropbox Public folder is no longer automatically public. This is part of the Dropbox announcement:

As of March 15, 2017 the Public folder in your Dropbox account has been converted into a standard folder. By default this folder is private to your account. This transition will occur automatically.

Here's what you need to know:

• All of the files in your Public folder will remain safe, but public links to those files will stop working
  • If someone visits a link to a file in your Public folder, they'll see an error page
  • To see a list of your public links, visit the Public folder—any file in this folder will have previously had a public link associated with it
  • Dropbox can't convert existing public links into Dropbox shared links
  • If you'd like to re-share any of the files in your Public folder, please use a shared folder or shared link
  • 4 months later...

I can't seem to get this workflow to work correctly. I have added my API token and I am just trying to add a link. Looking at the debug window, I get the following message:

[2017-07-21 09:23:55][ERROR: action.script] 0:46: execution error: curl: (3) Illegal characters found in URL (3)

Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 21/07/2017 at 1:29 PM, gonsie said:

I can't seem to get this workflow to work correctly. I have added my API token and I am just trying to add a link. Looking at the debug window, I get the following message:

[2017-07-21 09:23:55][ERROR: action.script] 0:46: execution error: curl: (3) Illegal characters found in URL (3)

Thanks for your help.

Please, double check your API token in Alfred Preferences. It seems to be causing the error.

On 15/02/2018 at 5:34 PM, Jimmbo said:

Just installed and configured the Pinboard API Token.

"pa" works, but "ps" always finds nothing.

Any suggestions?

There is a chance the workflow can not parse the bookmarks, e.g., and unexpected character.

Try to open Alfred Preferences, go to the workflow and turn on debug mode. Then use ps and copy the error shown in Alfred.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 5:39 PM, Carlos-Sz said:

There is a chance the workflow can not parse the bookmarks, e.g., and unexpected character.

Try to open Alfred Preferences, go to the workflow and turn on debug mode. Then use ps and copy the error shown in Alfred.

I just tried again, and neither pa nor ps works. I just get normal Alfred behavior, with no regard to Pinboard. I deleted workflow and reinstalled (including API), and same result. Phelp doesn't do anything, either. I quit Alfred and relaunched, too....no improvement.

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2019 at 10:16 AM, slyfox said:

Is the workflow working? Running Aflred 4. Added my API token. I get no results for everything.

Make sure to use the keyword  “preload” in order to refresh your pins. 

On 6/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, 2pilvic said:

Sorry for the audacity, but you can add the functions "starred" and "unread". Thank you

Thank you for your suggestions. 

• 11 months later...

Hi @Carlos-Sz. I absolutely love your workflow and, having just upgraded to Mojave, find that it no longer works 😕 Was wondering if the workflow is supported on Mojave and, if so, if there is anything I need to do to get it to work again. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, the workflow suddenly started working again after running preload! I had run it earlier but somehow it came through now. Super glad 🙂

Edited by Anjadekar
  • 10 months later...

Hey @Carlos-Sz, Thank you so much for the tremendous workflow. 

Would it be possible for you to give an option to ALWAYS save to private so that I can bypass having to pick between private or public? Pinboard has an option to disable the public option altogether. I only use the private group. 

I was able to find the add_filter.scpt that I believe contains the code for this, but being able to edit it to work the way I am asking it to is way beyond my capabilities.