slyfox

Alfred searched content only in some Markdown/Text files

I am having a very difficult time figuring out why when searching similar files (in-content search), Alfred only shows some but not other files.

My text files look like this:

Tags: #client

Note content

My Alfred search is setup to search within folder - Title + Content search. When I search for "#client client name" Alfred only reveals some files but not others. Spotlight shows all files.

Any ideas?

I am having a very difficult time figuring out why when searching similar files (in-content search), Alfred only shows some but not other files.

My text files look like this:

Tags: #client

Note content

My Alfred search is setup to search within folder - Title + Content search. When I search for "#client client name" Alfred only reveals some files but not others. Spotlight shows all files.

Any ideas?

Are you using a workflow for this? By default, the built in open keyword (or ' prefix) only searches title and the 'in' keyword only searches content. You may need to setup a workflow file filter if you'd like to search for both. If you are already using a workflow, could you share the workflow for us to take a look?

What's the "Basic Setup" of your File Filters?

A lot of apps mess up the UTIs for Markdown files. Is it possible that some files have different extensions to others (e.g. .md vs .mmd vs .mkd vs .markdown vs .txt etc.)?