New workflow: Convert currencies in Alfred

Hi,

I wanted to share with you my first custom workflow for Alfred. It allows you to check currency exchange rates using query similar to Google: 120 EUR in USD.

I hope someone might find it useful :)

Here's the code and workflow for download: https://github.com/krzysztofr/alfred-currencies

Direct download link: https://github.com/krzysztofr/alfred-currencies/raw/master/Exchange%20Rates.alfredworkflow 

Cheers,

Krzysztof

Edited by krzysztofr

i didn't - that's why I wrote my workflow - because I needed to convert currencies quickly and couldn't find any workflow that does this :)

"Units" workflow looks very powerful and I will definitely use it. It has, however, one big disadvantage for me (or maybe I just couldn't figure it out): you cannot convert currencies quickly by typing only one phrase. It also supports only 90 currencies, while my workflow (which pulls rates from OpenExchangeRates.org) supports 165 :)

Edited by krzysztofr

Hi, thanks for the effort. It's strange, because typing "rate" + space should show the workflow name and icon, doesn't matter if the workflow works properly or not.

Was the workflow installed properly? (does it show up in the "Workflows" tab of the Alfred preferences?)

What version of Alfred and python do you have?

You may try enabling debug for this workflow (select the workflow, click small bug icon in the right corner) and see if there are any debug messages.

The workflow shows in Alfred prefs.

Python version 2.7.5

Here, is the error I get when enabling debug:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rates.py", line 6, in <module>
    import settings
ImportError: No module named settings
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
    import settings
    import settings

Thanks for the info. It seems, that you didn't follow the installation instructions. You need to create your specific app_id from openexchangerates.org. It is needed to allow you to fetch exchange rates.

Remember to follow the installation instructions in README.md file. (BTW, I am working on getting rid of openexchangerates.org for some API that doesn't need creating the api key).