Jump to content
ctwise

VMWare Fusion Controller

Recommended Posts

Hi Ted,

 

Did you notice your workflow doesn't work on Fusion 7?

 

Are you planning an update soon?

 

Regards,  ;)

 

I'm on Fusion 7 and it's still working for me. Can you turn on debug in Alfred and let me know what error messages you're seeing?

Share this post


Link to post

First of all: great workflow! And thanks Ted :)

 

I've just installed Fusion 7 and it is not running on my end. Here is the debug output that you asked for:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: vmware.rb:63:in `block in inventory_list': undefined method `length' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from vmware.rb:63:in `each'
from vmware.rb:63:in `find_all'
from vmware.rb:63:in `inventory_list'
from vmware.rb:25:in `list'
from main.rb:11:in `generate'
from main.rb:45:in `start'
from main.rb:125:in `<main>'

Share this post


Link to post

 

First of all: great workflow! And thanks Ted :)

 

I've just installed Fusion 7 and it is not running on my end. Here is the debug output that you asked for:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: vmware.rb:63:in `block in inventory_list': undefined method `length' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from vmware.rb:63:in `each'
from vmware.rb:63:in `find_all'
from vmware.rb:63:in `inventory_list'
from vmware.rb:25:in `list'
from main.rb:11:in `generate'
from main.rb:45:in `start'
from main.rb:125:in `<main>'

 

You're using an old version of the script. Please install the one on packal.org.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Ted!

 

I notice a issue when I use it to list VMs.

 

At line 45 of the vmware.rb, 

 

inventory = File.open(inventory_path)

 

When it runs to that line, it raise the error of the following

 

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: vmware.rb:49:in `split': invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII (ArgumentError)

from vmware.rb:49:in `block in inventory_list'

from vmware.rb:48:in `each_line'

from vmware.rb:48:in `inventory_list'

from vmware.rb:25:in `list'

from main.rb:11:in `generate'

from main.rb:22:in `list'

from main.rb:128:in `<main>'

 

I notice that it's because the file of ~/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/vmInventory is encoded in UTF-8 rather than US-ASCII.

 

I fixed the issue by change the line to 

inventory = File.open(inventory_path, "r:UTF-8")

 

Not sure if this change is a valid fix, so just give you a hand up.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...