To Dropbox 3.0 (formerly Move to Dropbox) + URL to the clipboard

Sorry, nothing happens after the first run of the workflow. Tried it with Hotkey, Finder and Alfred file browser. Get no prompt. 

Can I set the preferences manually?

Please, quit Alfred then start it again (not only Alfred Preferences window, I mean Alfred itself). Now try the workflow again.

• 4 weeks later...

This is great - thanks!  One question, is there any way that I could convert it to copy the file to the Dropbox Public Folder (or have the option to copy or move), instead of just moving the file.

Practical scenario: I keep my client files organized outside of Dropbox (and need to maintain that structure), however I often need to upload copies of files for client review.

Thanks, in advance!    :)

This is great - thanks!  One question, is there any way that I could convert it to copy the file to the Dropbox Public Folder (or have the option to copy or move), instead of just moving the file.

Practical scenario: I keep my client files organized outside of Dropbox (and need to maintain that structure), however I often need to upload copies of files for client review.

Thanks, in advance!    :)

It’s time to update this workflow… Copy added to my to do list. Thank you for your feedback! :)

Go to your Dropbox public folder. Right click a file. Select Dropbox then copy URL. Paste the URL in a text editor. In the URL you will see a number. That's your ID. :)

I still feel lost. Where is my Dropbox public folder? I don't have a folder called "public" and the public links don't just have a number

This seems a bit weird...was the wording reversed on the Yes and No part?

AAHkNHN.png

Please, ignore the subtitles. In this step there should be only titles.

About the step itself:

- select NO if you want a regular link for images so you can use in most of the forums (most of them requires a file extension).

- select YES if you would like to have a shortened URL for all files, including images.

Thank you for spotting it. I will fix it for the next update.

Awesome, thank you!  The new "copy" functionality truly makes this workflow irreplaceable!

Thanks!  :D

Great! :)

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance you could modify this to not move/copy files if they're already located somewhere in /Dropbox? It doesn't really make sense to copy/move a file to /Dropbox/Public when it's already available for linking. Other than that this is awesome, thanks!

Edited by Subject22

Is there any chance you could modify this to not move/copy files if they're already located somewhere in /Dropbox? It doesn't really make sense to copy/move a file to /Dropbox/Public when it's already available for linking. Other than that this is awesome, thanks!

It doesn’t make sense indeed. However it can make things slower having to scan the Dropbox folder for a file. At least you won’t have the same file in the Public folder. :)

I have a problem getting part of the workflow to run. The Copying and moving the file appears to be working perfectly on my Mac. The problem for me is getting the URL copied to the clipboard. Notification Center just says Blocked. And that's what's copied to my clipboard. The word "Blocked". Did I do something wrong with the setup? What can I do to fix the problem? I'm not a programmer or anything. Anyways, thanks in advance.