Temporary Email — Generate disposable email inboxes

• 2 weeks later...

I added a few lines to your great script, vitor, to use Firefox as my default browser.

"Open tab in Firefox" works out of the box, switching back to previously active tab works with a tiny modification in Firefox (see below). Here's my code:

osascript <<EOF
tell application "System Events" to set myFrontMost to name of first item of (processes whose frontmost is true)
if myFrontMost is "Firefox" then
	tell application "Firefox"  
		activate
	    	open location "${url}"
	tell application "System Events" to key code 48 using control down
	end tell
end if
EOF
pbcopy <<< "${email}"

To enable "return to previously viewed tab", do the following in Firefox (otherwise Firefox will show you the newly opened tab with tempmail-URL):

-    browse about:config
-    find browser.ctrlTab.previews
-    set true

(via https://superuser.com/questions/290704/switching-back-to-last-tab-on-firefox)

Have fun.

Edited by hfr
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, az566 said:

Can you please add support for Firefox though?

Whenever you have this question, the answer is, “When Mozilla adds AppleScript support to Firefox.”

The reason so few workflows support Firefox is because Mozilla makes it extremely difficult to do so. You need to go tell them to fix Firefox at the link below if you ever want that to change.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125419

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, crgraham32 said:

I keep getting an error message that the developer is not recognized. How do I get around this?

That happens because an app inside the Workflow isn’t signed. Apple demands a $99/year payment for that, which I can’t really justify paying for tools I distribute for free. That’s a simple manual fix, but I’d like to try an automated solution I’ve been thinking about.

Does this one work? Also, what version of macOS are you on?

8 minutes ago, vitor said:

That happens because an app inside the Workflow isn’t signed. Apple demands a $99/year payment for that, which I can’t really justify paying for tools I distribute for free. That’s a simple manual fix, but I’d like to try an automated solution I’ve been thinking about.

I found a workaround.  Not sure if it's the one you linked.  I am using Big Sur.  

An automated fix would be great!  

Thanks!!

Edited by crgraham32
4 hours ago, crgraham32 said:

An automated fix would be great!

Well, yes, but now that you’ve run another fix beforehand we can’t test if the automated fix works under real conditions, so I can’t implement it. That link above was meant to find out if it worked.

4 hours ago, crgraham32 said:

Is it just me, or does this mail service (mailinator) seem to take forever to deliver emails?

I accept recommendations to alternatives. As long as the email inbox can be represented in the URL, it works.

2 hours ago, vitor said:

Well, yes, but now that you’ve run another fix beforehand we can’t test if the automated fix works under real conditions, so I can’t implement it. That link above was meant to find out if it worked.

I accept recommendations to alternatives. As long as the email inbox can be represented in the URL, it works.

Sorry about that.  I had already found a workaround before I ready your post.

It's surprisingly hard to find a good service that includes the email inbox in the URL! 

Update.

Added support for Firefox. Because it does not support AppleScript, the inbox will open in the foreground and you must manually return to the tab you were in. It’s an inferior experience to other browsers, but in this case I do feels it’s better than nothing.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Edited by vitor
  • 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:01 AM, vitor said:

I'm getting that same error. I am using Big Sur 11.2.2 on an M1 MacBook Air. The "this one" link takes me to a "removed for legal reasons" page. Is there a solution to this, even a simple manual one?  Thank you!

>Dvis.

@Dvisic Perfect! Please download the latest version (same URL) and try that one. Please let me know either way, if this method works or not.

38 minutes ago, Dvisic said:

The "this one" link takes me to a "removed for legal reasons" page.

No idea what that’s about. That’s a temporary host I use for quick shares. But it’s expected the link would be dead by now (just not that message).

Edited by vitor
5 hours ago, vitor said:

@Dvisic Perfect! Please download the latest version (same URL) and try that one. Please let me know either way, if this method works or not.

No idea what that’s about. That’s a temporary host I use for quick shares. But it’s expected the link would be dead by now (just not that message).

Brilliant! It worked perfectly! Thank you...this will save me from much spam. :)

>Dvis.