vitor

TemporaryEmail — Get a temporary email inbox

Update.

Quick emails with no argument use a random string instead of trying to build a name.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Great Workflow !

I just modify it with an Open URL Action (cause firefox is my defautbrowser ;)

Thanks for your work.

07-18-2017-02.26.12.jpg

I added a few lines to your great script, vitor, to use Firefox as my default browser.

"Open tab in Firefox" works out of the box, switching back to previously active tab works with a tiny modification in Firefox (see below). Here's my code:

osascript <<EOF
tell application "System Events" to set myFrontMost to name of first item of (processes whose frontmost is true)
if myFrontMost is "Firefox" then
	tell application "Firefox"  
		activate
	    	open location "${url}"
	tell application "System Events" to key code 48 using control down
	end tell
end if
EOF
pbcopy <<< "${email}"

To enable "return to previously viewed tab", do the following in Firefox (otherwise Firefox will show you the newly opened tab with tempmail-URL):

-    browse about:config
-    find browser.ctrlTab.previews
-    set true

(via https://superuser.com/questions/290704/switching-back-to-last-tab-on-firefox)

Have fun.

Edited by hfr

2 hours ago, Don Dahl said:

Since forward.cat has been taken down - do we have an alternative for this? :)

The Quick email option still works fine. I’ve never found a suitable replacement for the Forwarding one.

Update.

Removed support for forwarding addresses. Also added support for Opera and Vivaldi.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Update.

Added support for Brave.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.